Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Lucky sons of guns. I have to wait until my radio shack in town gets their shipment in around 1 eastern. This is worse than waiting for santa clause when your a kid and trying to sleep on xmas eve...lol...

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB Feb. 28/franco

In and out in 10 minutes. Been playing around with it for about 30 minutes and I just can't put it down. The screen is gorgeous and its soooo light. Now when is root coming

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

got mine !!! yea lol but have to work so i can't really enjoy it... But i got it . was first at the store 10am. New more about the phone then the sales person lol . he had the photon but plans on switching lol . we will see
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Mine just arrived via FedEx from Wirefly! I guess I have to wait until they deactivate my Pre and activate the new phone before I can turn it on (or risk delaying my activation). My TPU case came yesterday, and my MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable came this morning! All I need to do now is buy a Micro SD card.

Oh man my wife is going to hate me this weekend!

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Got Ms. Sammy about 30 minutes ago - Feels real nice in the hand.. Screen resolution is beautiful. Well done Samsung and Sprint.
    sndplace likes this.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

yes it does feel great in hand its freaking like as paper.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

got to back to work every one enjoy your phones .... be back later lol

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

GOT IT!!!!

I got to the store 10 min before they opened and there was already 15 people in front of me.

I had to wait 30 min before I was called and I was the 3rd person to get one. The problem my store had, they couldn't port my contacts. Apparently there was a problem transfering them from my BB to this new phone because it wasn't in the list on the 'transfer to' side.

So, went to set up my voicemail, and the network dropped. I had to pull the battery to reboot. So, I'm going to start searching, but is there way to force the phone to go out and look for a sprint service?

So far, this thing is COOL! It's soooo light compared to my BB, almost too light. Can't wait to dig into everything android!

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Can a new proud owner please tell me if it does or doesn't have wifi calling?

It's beeeaaautiful! This phone is so awesome.havent had much time to mess with it yet but i have had it for 2 hours now i cant even tell it's in my pocket even though it is large because it is so light and thin.

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    we will see what comes

So sad right now. apparently only corp stores in my area got them and even though i preordered the day after the release my store was told they are back ordered. no i need to wait a whole nother day so i can get up to the corp store who apparently has many. grrrrrr

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Got mine about two hours ago. Went to Best Buy. There was a line of about 5 people when I got there (5 min before store opened) but I was on the only one there for the GSII. Took a while for the worker to find it, but she was surprisingly knowledgeable on the device and said she planned to buy it herself, but not from there b/c of the insane full retail price. lol. And she said they only received eight phones in the shipment, so I'm glad I was there when the doors opened.

Such a shame that Sprint isn't advertising this phone like crazy b/c they're prepping for the iPhone...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread-epic-touch.jpg  
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto phenom View Post
    Such a shame that Sprint isn't advertising this phone like crazy b/c they're prepping for the iPhone...
    More for people who've done their homework and really want it I say.

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Went to the corporate store in Hingham MA and nobody else was in the non existent line. Left an hour later and nobody else had shown up and they only had one preorder .

i have to wait until monday! I ordered through letstalk.com.

No biggie though. Hope it lives up to the hype as I am foregoing waiting for the dang iphone 5.

got root yet?

Hell yea just got mine this morning at 10am... store had 10 in stock and I bought 2. This phone is bad ***!

This thing is so nice .ive been waiting on my upgrade credit. The evo 3d seemed gimmicky to me and I held off on the photon. Very pleased. Off to look for a case and root

Got mine today from the corp store at 10am, an hour after they opened. The guy said I was the first person to buy one. Loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Mine just arrived via FedEx from Wirefly! I guess I have to wait until they deactivate my Pre and activate the new phone before I can turn it on (or risk delaying my activation). My TPU case came yesterday, and my MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable came this morning! All I need to do now is buy a Micro SD card.

Oh man my wife is going to hate me this weekend!
    Where did you get the MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable?

Just got mine about an hour ago. I have a question for anyone that has it though, where is the post it widget? I can't seem to find it. Also I remember seeing in a review that ability to change the look of the messaging bubbles, but I can not find where to do that. This is my first smartphone though and its probably staring me right in the face, but if anyone could help that would be great.

Just got mine a couple hours ago & been busy putting it through the paces. First impressions: The device looks real slick. I'm really digging the front & back of this thing & how thin it is. This will be the first device I WILL NOT buy an extended battery for, instead I will opt. to carry an extra battery as needed. The screen & responsiveness of the device is unreal. Everything happens instantaneous & I can't help but smile at how quickly this thing moves through menus. The speaker is LOUD. Ring tones sound loud & clear & Youtube videos sound good as well. The only thing that bothers me right now is that I got to re-learn the order of home & menu capacitive buttons after coming from an EVO 4G & 3D, but I'll manage...

Just got back from the drive to Best Buy. Went to my local store this morning at open and they had none in stock. After checking all the stores in the district they all showed none in stock today.

The rep broadened the search out a bit and found one store about 45 miles away that had gotten in 6 this morning. Since I was in a rush to get one before heading out of town this evening, they called and had one held for me. Drove up and picked up the phone (switching out from my NS4G that I had gotten 3 weeks ago) Loving the phone so far and the larger screen is making it so much easier on my eyes with the calendars and such.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    More for people who've done their homework and really want it I say.
    Yeah, but the more people who buy it, the more attention it gets in regards to accessories, updates, apps, etc.

A big marketing push helps to sell devices, especially when the devices actually live up to or surpass expectations.

But clearly iPhone is THE name brand that's most recognized and gets the most media attention. So Sprint is playing it low key so they can capture the "iPhone mania" effect when it's released next month. More people w/ the Galaxy S II means less people in line for the iPhone, especially when they just dropped the return period to 14 days. If they were smart, they would've left it at 30 days until AFTER the E4GT dropped and then they could've allowed a few defectors to jump ship from the E4GT to the iPhone and still collected those restocking fees.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly

Got my baby, Sams Club $178.88 beautiful screen.... FAST!, made 2 calls so far so good.
    datgoldmember likes this.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Just got mine an hour ago. I am new to Android and this forum, and looking forward to figuring out what this phone can do.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast