Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Got mine! I was 4th in line (Sprint store) when they opened the doors this morning but the first one who wanted the GS2. One more behind me that I overheard. Not too busy. Didn't ask how many they got in. Now to spend the next few weeks learning everything it can do!
    Dixiecat -- Sept. 16, 2011: Sprint Galaxy S2
    Oct. 2, 2009: Sprint Palm Pre. 1996-2009: Free-with-contract dumbphones
    S_C_B likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by rbasanez View Post
    Where did you get the MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable?
    Monoprice.com!

I just love the place for cables and accessories. Quality of their stuff is excellent and you can't beat the prices. Their MHL adaptor is $14.

MHL Adaptor:

For only $11.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters

I also opted for a 6ft 28AWG HDMI cable instead of the recommended 24AWG, since I prefer a thinner more flexible cable for this hookup. 28AWG at 6ft is perfectly fine in my opinion. $3.50 for the cable.

For only $2.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables
    Thanked by 3:
    rbasanez likes this.

Typing this post on mine. Got to stord about 9:55 and was the only one there. Bought two. Ran speedtest while in stord and got 10.8mb down. I can live with that. :-)

ROM
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Samsung sent me an email today, allowing me to buy the Epic 4G Touch online for only $99.99
    It's on backorder, and I should receive it next week.

Picked mine as soon as store opened, no pre-order, they hadn't put any out for display yet.

Already happy after coming from Epic 4g, miss the keyboard, but thats it. Still playing with it, but so its awesome.

Picked up mine about 3 hours ago from the Sprint store. The display model was out, but apparently, I was the first one to ask for the Epic Touch, which I found mildly shocking. Then again, with the hype going around with that-phone-I-won't-mention, I'm not entirely surprised, either!

After wheedling and deedling with my 1st-day Pre for almost the last 2 years, this phone is a breath of fresh air! Fast, light, and quite perky. Sadly, I do miss WebOS, as I find myself trying to do things as I did with my Pre, but I imagine there's an adjustment period. Quite happy!

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

I loves me my Epic 4g Touch!!

Everybody should check out the weather app I have on my phone. The battery drain is miniscule.
    It's in the Amazon Store and the Market. Just search "Elecont"

Here are my home screens.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1...916_141429.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-f...916_141519.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H...916_141930.jpg
    Last edited by S_C_B; 09-16-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added more datails
    Thanked by:
    DAS 

ROM
    Stock w/FF18 update

Quote Originally Posted by bigzo View Post
    Waiting for store to open right now, Otter Box make a case for it?
    Here you go. No holster though. I hope they make one soon. Samsung Galaxy S II Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.comDont see my self stuffing this beast in my pocket.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock till root is stable

I got mines today around 1030am. Went to a radioshack in a mall, they didn't have any. The lady even tried to tell me that they probably wouldn't sell any till next week, go figure. Best buy was across the street so I checked there, they didn't have any either. So now I was getting a bit upset because I wanted to get the phone in the AM and put it through it's paces this afternoon when I get off work. I decided to stop at the radioshack closer to my job, and got one.

The reason I went to radioshack was because I had two 25.00 gift cards for helping someone at my job with their computer and I wanted to use them. I can't keep my hands off the dang phone.
    Anyone know if apps2SD will read my memory card and let me transfer my apps that way ?? Oh and for anyone wondering, you can uninstall bloatware and you get almost 2.0GB's of app install space.
    Thanked by:
    DAS 
    S_C_B likes this.

Has anyone tested the GPS for lock and for Nagivation? I am on ATT but want to know they fixed this from the galaxy S. Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    Nickps 
    GQ50 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Monoprice.com!

I just love the place for cables and accessories. Quality of their stuff is excellent and you can't beat the prices. Their MHL adaptor is $14.

MHL Adaptor:

For only $11.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters

I also opted for a 6ft 28AWG HDMI cable instead of the recommended 24AWG, since I prefer a thinner more flexible cable for this hookup. 28AWG at 6ft is perfectly fine in my opinion. $3.50 for the cable.

For only $2.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables
    Thanks just ordered the goodies
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

ROM
    Stock

Darn. Went to radio shack and the phone didn't come with todays order so now I gotta wait and hole it shows up this weekend.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

I got mine at sprint no waiting. I love it I have to learn how to use it. lol It seems to blow my iphone 4 away. Do you recommend a screen protector?
    ucantimagine likes this.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Has anyone tested the GPS for lock and for Nagivation? I am on ATT but want to know they fixed this from the galaxy S. Thanks!
    In my 2nd floor apartment, Google Navigation locked onto me within 3 seconds.

In my 2nd floor apartment, Telenav GPS locked onto me within 3 seconds.

In my 2nd floor apartment, Google + check-in locked onto me within 3 seconds.
    Thanked by:
    GQ50 and rbasanez like this.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

I picked up mine over lunch. The last one in my local Sprint store.
    I'm coming from webOS, so I'm struggling with abandonment issues (HP abandoning me, not me - them) and the relative complexity of configuration of the device. I know complexity really means customization, but until I get to tinker with Android, it's going to be a little intimidating. I mean, who knew there were customizable power savings options?

My first love is still webOS, but this pretty girl has certainly turned my head around.
    webOS Refugee

The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo 180.
    sirluke7 likes this.

All i can say is this phone is the best phone i have had so far.... evo 4g, evo 3d, Moto Phonton, now epic touch...

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Went to the Sprint store nearest to my house, they hadn't gotten theirs yet. Went to the repair center a little further away and walked out in 10 minutes or so. Very happy so far, all my coworkers are jealous, especially the EVO users :X

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tostler View Post
    I picked up mine over lunch. The last one in my local Sprint store.
    I'm coming from webOS, so I'm struggling with abandonment issues (HP abandoning me, not me - them) and the relative complexity of configuration of the device. I know complexity really means customization, but until I get to tinker with Android, it's going to be a little intimidating. I mean, who knew there were customizable power savings options?

My first love is still webOS, but this pretty girl has certainly turned my head around.

You're gonna enjoy making this phone personal.

Ive found device to be pretty solid I'm not into Touchwizzzz though.
    No worriers custom Roms will fill that gap

I picked mine up first thing this morning. I haven't had much chance to play with it though (damn you work!). It's almost time for lunch, I hope I remember too eat... nah, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris778811 View Post
    All i can say is this phone is the best phone i have had so far.... evo 4g, evo 3d, Moto Phonton, now epic touch...
    So whats next the iphone? your'll be saying that about the iphone next month.

hmm I think the word Iphone should be banned at Android Centrel lol
    ucantimagine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricolando View Post
    For all the "pic or it didn't happen" people.

That thing is like 4 times the size of my Pre-!!! Can't wait to check it out. Went to local Sprint store...not available until next week. Went to Radio Shack, they had them in box & had a dummy one. Unbelievably thin and comfortable in the hand. Don't know how it is in the pocket.
    Last edited by mike5555; 09-16-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Just opened the box. Bummed there wasnt an hdmi adaptor.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Quote Originally Posted by mike5555 View Post
    That thing is like 4 times the size of my Pre-!!! Can't wait to check it out.
    Haha 4x is a stretch, but I stuck my Pre on top of my E4GT and this thing does dwarf it. It's like looking at a bazooka next to a pea shooter.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast