The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
On the eve of the official release date, I thought I'd start an official thread for everyone to post their hurrays for picking up their phones. This way we don't have a bazillion of these threads.

So post your purchase experience, where you got it, what time, and how much drool is already on the screen.

Have at it!

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I got mine this evening. I went to the store and I returned the photon 4g. I actually went to reserve it for tomorrow so they dont run out. The girl was like, you can get it today. I wont reveal where though, just because she was so cool. She took the photon back and didn't even look at it, I bought the case and screen protector for it and the case is pretty slick. it has a kick stand.

I did ask her, are you allowed to sell it today cuz the launch is tomorrow, she said we have been doing it all day, lol. It was the corporate store. I think sprint might have given the the go ahead, because if they didn't want them selling it today they would just put a street date in the system.

I work retail so I know we have street date in the system for items, the system wont even let us sell them.

diggjinx

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got mine this evening. I went to the store and I returned the photon 4g. I actually went to reserve it for tomorrow so they dont run out. The girl was like, you can get it today. I wont reveal where though, just because she was so cool. She took the photon back and didn't even look at it, I bought the case and screen protector for it and the case is pretty slick. it has a kick stand.

I did ask her, are you allowed to sell it today cuz the launch is tomorrow, she said we have been doing it all day, lol. It was the corporate store. I think sprint might have given the the go ahead, because if they didn't want them selling it today they would just put a street date in the system.

I work retail so I know we have street date in the system for items, the system wont even let us sell them.

Can you post pictures of the case? What did it cost you? I need to use the gift card from Sprint I received to reserve the phone because I ended up purchasing from Wirefly.com

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
no it has built in 16gb's, 11.somthing for storage and 2gigs is reserved for apps. I put in my older class 10 16gigs micro sd.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can you post pictures of the case? What did it cost you? I need to use the gift card from Sprint I received to reserve the phone because I ended up purchasing from Wirefly.com

29.99, I would generally buy it from somewhere else, but the they gave me phone the day before release plus the girl was really nice she didn't give me any hassle returning the photon and didn't even look at the photon, I think I dropped it once, but there was no damage, nor did I check. I just wanted to basically return the favor, plus she was kinda cute.

Brooks77

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Received mines from craigslist. $450. With me selling my MoPho and Nexus, those two paid for the phone. Very nice headset! Now tomorrow I'll buy a cover. Don't want to scratch this baby!

BIGCOIN#AC

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope to be trading in my evo 3d for the sammy today. I have my fingers crossed. I will update whether I get my greedy hands on it today or not.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess I shouldn't be posting since I don't have the phone yet, but there is one with my name on it at the Radio Shack store. I will be returning my Photon (it really is a great phone) for this beast this evening. To those that were lucky and got one yesterday, any word on what will happen since Sprint changed their agreement today (14 day return and EFT and i think one or two other items). That could turn into an interesting situation.

BIGCOIN#AC

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess I shouldn't be posting since I don't have the phone yet, but there is one with my name on it at the Radio Shack store. I will be returning my Photon (it really is a great phone) for this beast this evening. To those that were lucky and got one yesterday, any word on what will happen since Sprint changed their agreement today (14 day return and EFT and i think one or two other items). That could turn into an interesting situation.

I have one at Radio Shack waiting for me also...as long as the shipment arrived.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I have called all 4 Radio Shacks here and none of them have them and are saying they have no idea when they will get them.
Was the price 199.99 there also?

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea price is listed as $199 at Radio Shack. They had the phones in the back but didn't want to sell (and I certainly don't blame them). The Radio Shack with them instock is like 3 minutes away from my house. Another one about 10 minutes away (but in a mall I will be going to this weekend) did not have any in stock. Seems very hit and miss. A Sprint store I went to yesterday told me that some have a ton and others (like this particular store) had none. She checked the UPS packages that just came in to see if they got them. According to hear some stores were over allocated based on sales history and a collection were allocated for promotional purposes. That left certain stores out of stock.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
For all the "pic or it didn't happen" people.

2qdmpmv.jpg