Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjac View Post
    I have mines. Was at the door at 10 while they setup the phone on display. Walked in and said I'm here to get my phone. "They were like...you want to see it ?" Nope. already know what I need to know.

So I received my phone, grabbed the kickstand case/shell, and my 16g SD card, and went along my merry way
    What SD card does the phone come with?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
    What SD card does the phone come with?

It doesn't come with an SD card.

Got mine tonight. No worries about these phones being snapped up. Walked in to the local Sprint store and they had some in stock. Checked out the Photon whilst I was there but the screen difference was noticeable to me. Shame.

Coming from an Epic and I have to say, I hardly ever used the keyboard. Love the E4GT because it is so thin and light and the screen is a good size. Early days yet so haven't had a chance to play around with it too much.

Paired up the phone to my cars bluetooth and home WIFI no problems at all.

Got mine during lunch today. Oddly enough I was apparently the first one to buy one at that store. So far, I love this phone. I'm coming from a Nexus S 4g, which was great other than the weak radios. The jury is still out on touch wiz, but i'm sure a good root/rom will be around soon if I decide it isn't for me.

Opened and Charging!

Unfortunately got home too late to have WF activate it.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got mine after work and the best part is that it was free thanks to Sprins buyback program. So after a couple of hours I must say important very imprested with the screen and how fast it is. Wow! Is the only way to describe it.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

Quote Originally Posted by pmjohnson99 View Post
    Opened and Charging!

Unfortunately got home too late to have WF activate it.

Sprint can't activate it for you?

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.1.2..

Well okay one person gave a gps test. Three questions...Can we get more people to try the gps for locks? Also is that a charging or notification led on the top right? And third with the bluetooth can you do voice dialing? Thanks for any response.
    Smartphone curious but not smartphone smart..

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

GPS lock takes 9-10 secs for me, indoors in my comfy chair
    The led is both a charging light and a notification light.
    Solid red = charging
    Solid blue = fully charged
    Blinking (red or blue) = notification

I called all 11 Sprint stores/kiosks/etc within a 15 mile radius... to no avail. Time to try again tomorrow morning.

(Side anecdote: I called the local corporate store to ask if they were taking reservations a week or two ago... they said they weren't taking any at the store. I called today; the first person I talked to said that they had the phones, but they weren't on sale til tomorrow. I called back and was told that they have one, but it's on hold for a customer. So... one of these three people lied to me.)

[QUOTE=DieselNY;1262426]Damn I'm not eleigible for an upgrade until October 1st. Very happy with my EVO 4G and looking to upgrade to the Epic 4g Touch. I hope they make a swivel holster clip soon with the phone facing out.[/QUOTE

Call Sprint. They will upgrade yo a month early with absolutely no issue.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Who has a half decent phone that they just upgraded from? message me with details if you want to sell it

EDIT: not ready for an upgrade just yet but want to get out of my Hero

I ordered it from sprint.com. It's not gonna come until Wed. What was I thinking. I should have gone to a Sprint store instead. The wait is killing me.

Got mine today from my Best Buy store. Only had two in stock and I was first to purchase it!

ROM
    Stock w/FF18 update

Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    The lack of NFC makes this a pass for me. Too bad... I'll get the iPhone 5 or Nexus Prime.
    I have not seen any major retailer with NFC checkout, so I'm not one bit worried about that tec yet. May be NFC will take off in a few years. Besides NFC does NOT give you miles/points for anything. Nothing like whipping out that plastic

ROM
    Stock w/FF18 update

Quote Originally Posted by dealcrawler View Post
    I ordered it from sprint.com. It's not gonna come until Wed. What was I thinking. I should have gone to a Sprint store instead. The wait is killing me.
    Go to the Sprint store and have them cancel that order and get your sweet sweet phone!!! DO IT NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_B View Post
    Sprint can't activate it for you?
    Nope, WF has to acitvate. I have a feeling if I go through Sprint I'll probably get a bill for the balance of full price of the phone. I think WF doesn't get reimbursed from Sprint if they don't activate.

I have the sinking suspicion that nothing may happen because even if they bill me what's to make me pay (not that I would do that). But I think there is a bit of a scare tactic since when I asked they didn't really say what would happen other than it would violate the terms of the agreement.

Funny thing is I'm pretty patient to let my phone just charge over night and do it in the morning. It's my wife that wants to play with it more than me!

I was ready to buy my touch today but my local sprint store never got their shipment of phones.... I could of get it from the corporate store down the street but i refuse to shop there becuase of there CRAPPY customer service.

Traded in my evo 3d as a new sprint customer, contract signed 9/7 to get in under the old $200 early termination fee. Beautiful phone, but touchwizz not as nice as HTC sense. I'm a refuge from the WebOS since HP dropped the ball. Been using a pre+ for about 1.5 years. Don't like the screen protectors and nobody had a decent leather case, so I got the small galaxy tab case to use until they get in some accessories at the store. evo 3d my first android, so I'm just getting going.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

[QUOTE=linzgeneral;1263918]
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
    Damn I'm not eleigible for an upgrade until October 1st. Very happy with my EVO 4G and looking to upgrade to the Epic 4g Touch. I hope they make a swivel holster clip soon with the phone facing out.[/QUOTE

Call Sprint. They will upgrade yo a month early with absolutely no issue.
    I tried that and the rep said that wasnt the case. I will try again though.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    I was ready to buy my touch today but my local sprint store never got their shipment of phones.... I could of get it from the corporate store down the street but i refuse to shop there becuase of there CRAPPY customer service.
    lol you must not really want this phone or really dislike that corp store lol . I would have dealt with them just because i wanted this phone. hopefully your store gets them soon ...

Mine is backordered with Walmart/Letstalk, but itll be here tues or wednesday!!! Cant wait

me 2 im very disapointed and to top things off my cell phone bill was due on 9/13 with virgin mobile and i was waiting for this phone to come out so i activate this and not waste money on another month on my optimus v but now i got wait till tuesday is buggin the crap outta me but for 89.99 i cant complain too much

where did you get the MHL adapter cable and how much did you pay for it?

Picked up mine yesterday from the Best Buy in New York city, 44th and 5th Avenue.

First to get it. There was a Samsung Mobile rep at the store that snapped a picture of me with the box. I've been watching Facebook to see if it surfaces.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast