Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

I wanted to get one but after playing with it but I thought the phone was too big..

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpsheridan View Post
    If you call Sprint on the 16th.. You might be able to get them to let you upgrade Earlier.. My other phone was eligible to upgrade until Oct 1st as well.. But when I spoke to them on Friday they said that on Sunday I would be able to. All you have to do is ask and see what they can do.. I did it when I had the damn Hero. I got off the phone and go my EVO.. Which my other number is currently using.. So try that.. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Tried that and no luck.

Wirefly came through although their 2-day air took 4-days. Activation was a real chore but finally got it going. Fast, snappy and a brilliant screen. Coming from a Moment and just got the wife an Epic 4G as she wanted a keyboard. I recently got the rooting bug I can't want to try "unlocking" these 2-phones.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Got mine today, kind of funny. I have the new Epic and the tab 10.1 and my wife now has my old Epic and the older smaller Tab.

Got my Epic 4G Touch today! Had it preordered through the sprint store since I wasn't around this weekend and they had it nicely sitting and waiting for me to come and pick it up. Sales guy was really nice. He sold it to me for $150 out the door since I told him wirefly has it for 150 tax free. Only problem is I can't really use the phone yet cause I don't wanna remove the sticker that protects the screen and no one seems to have the invisible shield in stock for this phone yet! What are you all using for it? I don't really wanna use a case since I mainly bought the phone for the thinness. So far from what I can tell, it seems amazing!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Just got shipping confirmation from wirefly today, and should have it in hand tomorrow!!! Coming from the EVO 4G. When folks do the buyback program, do they look to see what condition your phone is in, or do they just give you the full amount from the quote?

Also--assuming if I'm rooted (running CM7), I'd need to return to stock before returning, or do they even care?

WOW!!!!...I already have the 3d Evo and now in 2 days I will have my Epic 4g touch(that name is too dam long to type)..how AWESOME!!!!...is that

I got my Epic 4G Touch last night and I already love it I had a HTC Hero which was pretty awful, so this is quite an upgrade for me! Now I just have to figure out what all this phone can do!
    Sole07 likes this.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Battery life? Im hearing 8-10 hours..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    Battery life? Im hearing 8-10 hours..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    battery life for me so far has been ridiculously amazing compared to my Evo 4G. Of course the Evo was pretty terrible so that doesn't say much. Talked on the phone for probably an hour and a half and run all kinds of apps and music and lots of other stuff yesterday and still had like 1/4 battery life. I had to try and kill my battery at night.

great posts by everyone here. i ordered my epic 4g touch on sprint.com friday and received it monday. i really like the phone's form factor but i don't get any 4g coverage at home or work

I am a indirect dealer I was off all weekend and was excited to start work this week because of this phone. I scooped one up yesterday and absolutly love it but am having troubles with data my browser wasnt working and after a hour on the phone with corporate it fibally started working. all night last night and all day today it is browsing slow as can be and times out all the time also the gps hardly works. such a bummer because i love the feel and look of this phone. I do not have 4g where i live but my evo was a hundred times faster im going to switch it for another one tomorrow and hope its just a defective unit! I will let u all know

Quote Originally Posted by fabs109 View Post
    I am a indirect dealer I was off all weekend and was excited to start work this week because of this phone. I scooped one up yesterday and absolutly love it but am having troubles with data my browser wasnt working and after a hour on the phone with corporate it fibally started working. all night last night and all day today it is browsing slow as can be and times out all the time also the gps hardly works. such a bummer because i love the feel and look of this phone. I do not have 4g where i live but my evo was a hundred times faster im going to switch it for another one tomorrow and hope its just a defective unit! I will let u all know
    Sounds like Defective unit to me
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Global Posts
    10,702 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Sounds like Defective unit to me
    +1 eTouch hauls ^$$.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Smile Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Got mine Mon Sept 19th from Wirefly.com. Saved $50 over going to the Sprint store, and of course didn't have to stand in line. I made the switch from webOS and the original Palm Pre since I was sick of poor equipment quality. The transition hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be. I just can't figure out how to turn off the GPS icon in the Status Bar. I have all three GPS-related Settings unchecked...is it really still on?

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Finally dusted off the old Best Buy GC and was suprised to see someone put $200 on it. Figured it was fate... Playing with a new E4GT now!

I just got the phone today. It's so damn fast I almost got a speeding ticket. Coming from Evo 4G, TouchWiz is surprisingly nice. So far, I haven't had anything to complain.

Question: I heard the stock browser is very fast but it doesn't have tabs. If I switch to Dolphin, would I suffer from any performance issues?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Dolphin, for the most part runs fine. For some reason there's a little lag opening and returning back to Dolphin though. I'm not sure what that's about.

ROM
    stock

just left the sprint store with phone in hand. im coming from the optimus one. that nexus phone bet not drop 16 days from now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just made the switch two days ago from my touch pro2 to the Epic 4G touch. So, I am new to android. I don't know where to begin. I download some apps already. What to do next? I don't want to root though.

Another webOS refugee ... thought the ET4G sounded like a good bet to make the switch to Android. Ordered from Wirefly on Wednesday morning, added the $7.99 for 2 day delivery, and it was on my doorstep Friday morning.

Unbelievably fast, and the screen of course is beautiful. It's really a whole different experience just with those 2 factors. And, I've been impressed with how few issues there seem to be for a newly released phone (although I guess the Euro version has been out for a while, so maybe it's not as "new" as it seems to me).

Looking forward to learning all the finer points of Android.

Rob

The Sprint store I went to in Tukwila, WA had Sprint branded screen protectors in stock. I think their website has them, too

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I got mine today. Coming from an Epic 4g. I love this phone. No more hardware keyboards for me.

at first i preorderd fron radio shack for 530 but then as the days went by it ws comfirmed that the srp qas 499 so i decided to cancel and just go to sprint and get the phone that day. So on 9/16 i went there around 10:15 and i was the first to buy it in my area. Also i traded in my evo which brought the price down and i love it best purchase no regrets.

Default I got mine last Friday...so diggin it!

I dropped tmobile (after 6 years, I was so ready!) to pick up this baby and ooowweeee am I glad. My 3-month old HTC G2 became an instant dinosaur - sold it to gazelle.com for $100...it was free, so score! I was a die-hard Qwerty fan before I discovered Swype. I didn't even take the plastic off the keyboard. I ordered on Wirefly for $150 with free activation on Thursday the 22nd with overnight shipping and it arrived early Friday afternoon. Promo code Wirefly4GB added a free 4GB micro SD card and adapter. I had to work all day so I just opened it and hooked up the charger til I got off at 9. To my delight, it was already activated and ready to go.

I'm sure everything I could say about this device has already been said. Cases are hard to come by right now. I'll get a TPU or Case Mate case when they're in stock but I did order the Skinomi full body techskin. That should be here in a few days. Think Zagg but way cheaper. It's on sale for like $6 and promo code get25 takes 25% off...and free shipping. It was less than $5 and includes the wet application and all just like Zagg. I also picked up a $5 kickstand on ebay to use on my desk.

So anyway, so far I haven't had any problems with the phone. I've had good experiences with other Samsung stuff so I expect this to be no different. I wish the name wasn't so long. I want my friends to know exactly what phone I have---the hottest on the market---but I feel so stupid saying the name.

If you need a rugged phone, this may be too..."refined" for you. HTC 3D is probably a better choice. If an extremely slim, lightweight, plastic phone suits your lifestyle...welcome to smartphone nirvana! At first it's big and awkward and too light and plasticky and I'm not so sure about this....but after a couple days all that goes away. The only weakness that is here to stay is the 3G radio...it's very unreliable. In Chicago we have good 4G coverage and I use Wi-Fi at home so I don't have to deal with it but if you don't have these options you might have problems. A lot of people have commented/complained about this. My BF's HTC has no problem with 3G so I know it's not the signal.

Check out the benchmark! My screens look a lot different now - I removed "Contacts." I can get to that through "Phone" so that was redundant to me. I added Agile Lock. A few other fav apps are wallpaper changer (a must have for this screen!) and ringtone rotator. Get great papers and tones from Zedge-frikkin awesome app...all free in Market.

Also if you wanna WordFeud - I'm "Bricksmama" I don't use those word cheat apps so if you don't either hit me up! Also make sure you use "Random" board...I don't do "Normal." hahaah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread-lock.jpg  
    Last edited by ucantimagine; 09-29-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast