The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Got mine this morning. Just activated it and these are the pre-installed apps you can uninstall right at activation.
Nova, Nascar, Sprint music plus, Sprint radio, Telenav, Tutorial widgets.
I didn't deleted Sprint TV bc I love it :)
Unboxing video coming soon.

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Picked up mine from Sprint about an hour ago. So far, much, much nicer than my 3D! Paid full price for it, but don't regret it one bit! Its just amazing how light this phone is!

Will post a full review later tonight, but will compare it to my EVO 4G, EVO 3D, and my wife's Nexus S 4G! For those with a 3D, the signal on the Epic is like night and day compared to my 3D. Also, the speaker blows away the 3D!

For those looking for a horizontal leather pouch, the Verizon branded Droid X case fits perfect! This case hasn't let me down since the EVO 4G! I have a hard case on my Epic, and it fits in the case perfect. Highly recommended, though it is a bit pricey...

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Just talked to my local store and with sprints buy back program I will be givinging them three phones and getting the sgs2e4gt for free after work!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Got mine 1st in line to collect my pre-order this device ROCKS best Ive ever used
I will need to get use to soft key layout though thanks to HTC EVO 4G / EVO 3D

BIGCOIN#AC

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Lucky sons of guns. I have to wait until my radio shack in town gets their shipment in around 1 eastern. This is worse than waiting for santa clause when your a kid and trying to sleep on xmas eve...lol...

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In and out in 10 minutes. Been playing around with it for about 30 minutes and I just can't put it down. The screen is gorgeous and its soooo light. Now when is root coming

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
got mine !!! yea lol but have to work so i can't really enjoy it... But i got it . was first at the store 10am. New more about the phone then the sales person lol . he had the photon but plans on switching lol . we will see

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine just arrived via FedEx from Wirefly! I guess I have to wait until they deactivate my Pre and activate the new phone before I can turn it on (or risk delaying my activation). My TPU case came yesterday, and my MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable came this morning! All I need to do now is buy a Micro SD card.

Oh man my wife is going to hate me this weekend!

SdotA85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Got Ms. Sammy about 30 minutes ago - Feels real nice in the hand.. Screen resolution is beautiful. Well done Samsung and Sprint.

rasbutan

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
GOT IT!!!!

I got to the store 10 min before they opened and there was already 15 people in front of me. :eek:

I had to wait 30 min before I was called and I was the 3rd person to get one. The problem my store had, they couldn't port my contacts. Apparently there was a problem transfering them from my BB to this new phone because it wasn't in the list on the 'transfer to' side.

So, went to set up my voicemail, and the network dropped. I had to pull the battery to reboot. So, I'm going to start searching, but is there way to force the phone to go out and look for a sprint service?

So far, this thing is COOL! It's soooo light compared to my BB, almost too light. Can't wait to dig into everything android!

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's beeeaaautiful! This phone is so awesome.havent had much time to mess with it yet but i have had it for 2 hours now i cant even tell it's in my pocket even though it is large because it is so light and thin.

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So sad right now. apparently only corp stores in my area got them and even though i preordered the day after the release my store was told they are back ordered. no i need to wait a whole nother day so i can get up to the corp store who apparently has many. grrrrrr

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Got mine about two hours ago. Went to Best Buy. There was a line of about 5 people when I got there (5 min before store opened) but I was on the only one there for the GSII. Took a while for the worker to find it, but she was surprisingly knowledgeable on the device and said she planned to buy it herself, but not from there b/c of the insane full retail price. lol. And she said they only received eight phones in the shipment, so I'm glad I was there when the doors opened.

Such a shame that Sprint isn't advertising this phone like crazy b/c they're prepping for the iPhone...

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Went to the corporate store in Hingham MA and nobody else was in the non existent line. Left an hour later and nobody else had shown up and they only had one preorder .

johnkim575

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i have to wait until monday:(! I ordered through letstalk.com.

No biggie though. Hope it lives up to the hype as I am foregoing waiting for the dang iphone 5.

got root yet?:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech