The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I messed up my photon trying my hand at rooting and flashing again to fix the battery issue. So i am now the proud owner of the Epic 4g touch in white.

I ended up getting my E4GT yesterday due to a similar event. I wanted to try out a ROM on my MoPho using bootstrap recovery. Needless to say, the only thing I got out of that was a Photon that only displayed a Motorola logo.....lol

I got it fixed not too long ago due to some heavy internet reading :)

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I ended up getting my E4GT yesterday due to a similar event. I wanted to try out a ROM on my MoPho using bootstrap recovery. Needless to say, the only thing I got out of that was a Photon that only displayed a Motorola logo.....lol

I got it fixed not too long ago due to some heavy internet reading :)

Thats the exact thing that happened to me. Except that i couldnt get mine fixed.

Sent from my Epic White Touch.

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Zedomax posts that Motorola are the worst to root. Id even say not to do it at all.

Its here. Right next to me. I even went on a date with my phone. wtf is wrong w me. lol I went to pizza place on a Monday night and had a few beers. And downloaded and tweeked and downloaded. Still tweeking.

Love this phone. Im in awe. Cant believe I have it.

It keeps trying to update. Is it ics trying to get in? Should I let it??? I dk.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Zedomax posts that Motorola are the worst to root. Id even say not to do it at all.

Its here. Right next to me. I even went on a date with my phone. wtf is wrong w me. lol I went to pizza place on a Monday night and had a few beers. And downloaded and tweeked and downloaded. Still tweeking.

I notice to that the update keeps nagging but i havent accepted yet

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Rooting the Photon to get wifi tether wasn't bad at all, unlocking is the issue.....lol

I'm so glad I have the E4GT right now though, it's an awesome phone!! I spent all day yesterday setting it up to my liking :)

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It is pretty awesome. Minor complaints. Cant clear my homescreen theres always those four on the bottom.

Also widgets that come stock are few. I like the messaging widget on my evo. But those are minor complaints which can be cured by rooting and downloading apps.

Other than that awesome. Excellent quality photos and video. Smooth as butter. Always amazed to see 300 plus ram free.

edit:
So if anyone takes the plunge and updates let me know if its ics. I kinda wanna hear from xda that its not going to make rooting impossible If I update. Updated my htc and it was a pain in the ass. Dont know if I will root just want the option.

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It is pretty awesome. Minor complaints. Cant clear my homescreen theres always those four on the bottom.

Also widgets that come stock are few. I like the messaging widget on my evo. But those are minor complaints which can be cured by rooting and downloading apps.

Other than that awesome. Excellent quality photos and video. Smooth as butter. Always amazed to see 300 plus ram free.

edit:
So if anyone takes the plunge and updates let me know if its ics. I kinda wanna hear from xda that its not going to make rooting impossible If I update. Updated my htc and it was a pain in the ass. Dont know if I will root just want the option.

When I set my phone up yesterday, it had a few updates to go through and neither of them were for ICS :(

I'm on OS version 2.3.6 (EL29). I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to.

acadialover

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Don't do it !!!!:-[

burrrton

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
"I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to."

See the Social and Media Hub applications running all the time? That was enough for me. I have no idea if they actually took memory, battery, or CPU cycles- I just can't stand to have unnecessary crp running if I have no intention of ever using it.

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
When I set my phone up yesterday, it had a few updates to go through and neither of them were for ICS :(

I'm on OS version 2.3.6 (EL29). I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to.

Same here. Saw an article that said Samsung was rolling out ics. So I gave in and updated and wth! Just a lame regular update.

Oh well. I also dont see a need to root yet, though the camera is lacking, in options not quality.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
"I know there is a way to root my phone still but at this point I don't see a need to."

See the Social and Media Hub applications running all the time? That was enough for me. I have no idea if they actually took memory, battery, or CPU cycles- I just can't stand to have unnecessary crp running if I have no intention of ever using it.

That's exactly what I've been thinking, but I haven't rooted it just yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

gracefulminutes

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I went from the evo3d to the photon to the Samsung galaxy and all I can say is that I am truly happy

I took that same route! Very happy about my exchange!

I loved the MoPho...but the option to exchange was there. 45 minutes later and $89 later ($54 to cover the difference and $35 restocking [aka BS] fee), I walked out with my new baby. I just need a good name for it...preferably a foreign name. A KOREAN NAME!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol