The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I used the video and the thread. Fairly straight forward.

How does the e4gt not have lock screen choice or theme choice?

None of the GS2 variants do. While the lockscreen can seem quite boring, it's appeal is actually how simple it is. It also handles notifications nicely. Although, the lockscreen coming on the ICS Touchwiz build is a nice improvement. Still, if you want the ultimate in lockscreen customization, there's always Widget Locker.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
None of the GS2 variants do. While the lockscreen can seem quite boring, it's appeal is actually how simple it is. It also handles notifications nicely. Although, the lockscreen coming on the ICS Touchwiz build is a nice improvement. Still, if you want the ultimate in lockscreen customization, there's always Widget Locker.

I've been using WL since my EVO 4G and love it!!

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Where did you hear that rumor?

I dont remember.

But im running it now.

Its ok. Not anything to do flips about. In fact there are a few minor drawbacks.

Power band doesnt scroll and is now double wide. Lost root on the install.

Sluggish compared to what it was. Page scrolling is choppy.

So do it if you must.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont remember.

But im running it now.

Its ok. Not anything to do flips about. In fact there are a few minor drawbacks.

Power band doesnt scroll and is now double wide. Lost root on the install.

Sluggish compared to what it was. Page scrolling is choppy.

So do it if you must.

March 1st was the rumored date for the International version of the SGS2. You're running an early unfinished test build that leaked for this phone, and you lost root because you flashed the full unrooted TAR. ICS for our phone will likely improve between today and whenever it's officially released.

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
March 1st was the rumored date for the International version of the SGS2. You're running an early unfinished test build that leaked for this phone, and you lost root because you flashed the full unrooted TAR. ICS for our phone will likely improve between today and whenever it's officially released.

How to get root back? If install rooted tar (tar = rom?) will i have ics with root?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
How to get root back? If install rooted tar (tar = rom?) will i have ics with root?

Well, it depends a bit on where you want your phone to be at this point. It sounds like you're not too thrilled with the ICS build, so if you want to get back to Gingerbread, you can flash sfhub's Odin one-click of the EL29 firmware. If you want to keep the FB27 ICS leak, you can either manually flash SuperUser (strangely stock Android recovery is allowing us to flash unsigned .APKs right now), or better yet, I would just flash sfhub's FB27 Odin one-click ([ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FB27_CL190095 (FB27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers) which is pre-rooted. Then use sfhub's auto tool to inject Team Rogue's FB27 CWM kernel repack ([KERNEL/RECOVERY][ICS] Rogue *Stock FB27* (Updated 3/5/12) - xda-developers) or use Mobile Odin Pro. I don't suggest desktop Odin to flash his kernel because it will increase your Odin flash count (not a big deal but generally a good idea to avoid if you can) and trigger the yellow boot triangle that is a visual eyesore.

TheRyland

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Had connectivity issues but it's ok. I think the first Epic was better as far as a lot of things are concerned, but at its best, this phone is a beast.

sjschenk

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Switched a few days ago from epic 4g. This is def a faster phone...love how thin, yet durable it is. Love the Samsung screens. Just wish it came with a 16GB microSD.

nilkilla

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Recently purchased the epic touch. Ended up with a mint quality pre-owned. Light-years beyond my Optimus "starter" android. Though I am annoyed that as of yesterday, when I press the "home" button, it takes me to a blue screened clock with adjustable shortcuts. As I have all my apps organized in folder organizer it adds an extra step to getting to apps, plus if I press the home button to place an app in the background, instead I end up at a clock...

Reactions: awileycoyote21

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Recently purchased the epic touch. Ended up with a mint quality pre-owned. Light-years beyond my Optimus "starter" android. Though I am annoyed that as of yesterday, when I press the "home" button, it takes me to a blue screened clock with adjustable shortcuts. As I have all my apps organized in folder organizer it adds an extra step to getting to apps, plus if I press the home button to place an app in the background, instead I end up at a clock...

This is actually a bug. The screen you're seeing is the dock screen. See if a reboot fixes it. If not, you may want to do a factory reset.

Pressing your home button should be taking you to your home screen like all other Android phones.

Reactions: nilkilla

GalaxyEpic4G21

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Just picked mine up last thursday, it's my first Android phone and i absoloutly love it so far, i need to creep these forums now though and find the coolest stuff to do!

jmntx2

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G!

Hi! I'm new here. :) I've been using a Palm Pre and just got the 4g Touch. The phone is great. Could someone help with getting my Task List" and "memos" over to the 4g?

Algusod

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello Droidianopians! Coming from a BB but very happy with my Galaxy SII (or Epic 4GT) & Gingerbread and looking forward to ICE! Like the site and all the help!

Lostnforgotton

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Just bought me and my wife a pair of these and were waiting anxiously to be able to use them! Were military and we have been living in Japan for the last 3+ years and we have been stuck using iphones for that time and were ready to make the switch. These android system looks amazing and I cant wait to start tinkering around!