Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

On the eve of the official release date, I thought I'd start an official thread for everyone to post their hurrays for picking up their phones. This way we don't have a bazillion of these threads.

So post your purchase experience, where you got it, what time, and how much drool is already on the screen.

Have at it!

Default Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

I got mine this evening. I went to the store and I returned the photon 4g. I actually went to reserve it for tomorrow so they dont run out. The girl was like, you can get it today. I wont reveal where though, just because she was so cool. She took the photon back and didn't even look at it, I bought the case and screen protector for it and the case is pretty slick. it has a kick stand.

I did ask her, are you allowed to sell it today cuz the launch is tomorrow, she said we have been doing it all day, lol. It was the corporate store. I think sprint might have given the the go ahead, because if they didn't want them selling it today they would just put a street date in the system.

I work retail so I know we have street date in the system for items, the system wont even let us sell them.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    I got mine this evening. I went to the store and I returned the photon 4g. I actually went to reserve it for tomorrow so they dont run out. The girl was like, you can get it today. I wont reveal where though, just because she was so cool. She took the photon back and didn't even look at it, I bought the case and screen protector for it and the case is pretty slick. it has a kick stand.

I did ask her, are you allowed to sell it today cuz the launch is tomorrow, she said we have been doing it all day, lol. It was the corporate store. I think sprint might have given the the go ahead, because if they didn't want them selling it today they would just put a street date in the system.

I work retail so I know we have street date in the system for items, the system wont even let us sell them.
    Can you post pictures of the case? What did it cost you? I need to use the gift card from Sprint I received to reserve the phone because I ended up purchasing from Wirefly.com

Quote Originally Posted by digg.jinx View Post
    Can you post pictures of the case? What did it cost you? I need to use the gift card from Sprint I received to reserve the phone because I ended up purchasing from Wirefly.com
    the case is on sprint.com, just go to the order page then to the accessories

http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onlin...oryID=CZS0933R
    Thanked by:

Does it come with a microSD card?

no it has built in 16gb's, 11.somthing for storage and 2gigs is reserved for apps. I put in my older class 10 16gigs micro sd.

Quote Originally Posted by digg.jinx View Post
    29.99, I would generally buy it from somewhere else, but the they gave me phone the day before release plus the girl was really nice she didn't give me any hassle returning the photon and didn't even look at the photon, I think I dropped it once, but there was no damage, nor did I check. I just wanted to basically return the favor, plus she was kinda cute.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Received mines from craigslist. $450. With me selling my MoPho and Nexus, those two paid for the phone. Very nice headset! Now tomorrow I'll buy a cover. Don't want to scratch this baby!

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by expertzero1 View Post
    the case is on sprint.com, just go to the order page then to the accessories

Sprint - All Accessories
    Nice looking case but way to much.... Congrats . they wouldn't let me get mine yesterday but today is the day....

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks77 View Post
    Received mines from craigslist. $450. With me selling my MoPho and Nexus, those two paid for the phone. Very nice headset! Now tomorrow I'll buy a cover. Don't want to scratch this baby!
    Very curious as to how you bought this phone from craigslist?

Waiting for store to open right now, Otter Box make a case for it?

ROM
    Stock

I hope to be trading in my evo 3d for the sammy today. I have my fingers crossed. I will update whether I get my greedy hands on it today or not.

ROM
    Stock for now

I guess I shouldn't be posting since I don't have the phone yet, but there is one with my name on it at the Radio Shack store. I will be returning my Photon (it really is a great phone) for this beast this evening. To those that were lucky and got one yesterday, any word on what will happen since Sprint changed their agreement today (14 day return and EFT and i think one or two other items). That could turn into an interesting situation.

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by oskar1995 View Post
    I guess I shouldn't be posting since I don't have the phone yet, but there is one with my name on it at the Radio Shack store. I will be returning my Photon (it really is a great phone) for this beast this evening. To those that were lucky and got one yesterday, any word on what will happen since Sprint changed their agreement today (14 day return and EFT and i think one or two other items). That could turn into an interesting situation.
    I have one at Radio Shack waiting for me also...as long as the shipment arrived.

ROM
    Stock 4.2 Jellybean

In and out in 15 minutes from my Sprint store! They had 10 in stock. Phone is amazing!
    LG Nexus 4 (16 GB) - Stock 4.2 - Straight Talk (AT&T SIM)
    Asus Nexus 7 (16 GB) - Black Bean 6 - Franco Kernel
    Samsung Chromebook (ARM) - Stock

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold...

All in with Google...

Quote Originally Posted by oskar1995 View Post
    I have called all 4 Radio Shacks here and none of them have them and are saying they have no idea when they will get them.
    Was the price 199.99 there also?

ROM
    Stock for now

Yea price is listed as $199 at Radio Shack. They had the phones in the back but didn't want to sell (and I certainly don't blame them). The Radio Shack with them instock is like 3 minutes away from my house. Another one about 10 minutes away (but in a mall I will be going to this weekend) did not have any in stock. Seems very hit and miss. A Sprint store I went to yesterday told me that some have a ton and others (like this particular store) had none. She checked the UPS packages that just came in to see if they got them. According to hear some stores were over allocated based on sales history and a collection were allocated for promotional purposes. That left certain stores out of stock.

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998

ROM
    Stock 4.2 Jellybean

For all the "pic or it didn't happen" people.

LG Nexus 4 (16 GB) - Stock 4.2 - Straight Talk (AT&T SIM)
    Asus Nexus 7 (16 GB) - Black Bean 6 - Franco Kernel
    Samsung Chromebook (ARM) - Stock

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold...

All in with Google...
    supersanborn and Bearly like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I had mine delivered yesterday. Great phone I will be selling my Mopho and probably my 3d.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Got mine from the Sprint store just now!
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

Damn...still two hours to go before the store opens over here on the left coast...

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Got mine this morning. Just activated it and these are the pre-installed apps you can uninstall right at activation.
    Nova, Nascar, Sprint music plus, Sprint radio, Telenav, Tutorial widgets.
    I didn't deleted Sprint TV bc I love it
    Unboxing video coming soon.
    airjordanxx2 likes this.

ROM
    Blazer Rom 1.3

Thumbs up Re: The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Picked up mine from Sprint about an hour ago. So far, much, much nicer than my 3D! Paid full price for it, but don't regret it one bit! Its just amazing how light this phone is!

Will post a full review later tonight, but will compare it to my EVO 4G, EVO 3D, and my wife's Nexus S 4G! For those with a 3D, the signal on the Epic is like night and day compared to my 3D. Also, the speaker blows away the 3D!

For those looking for a horizontal leather pouch, the Verizon branded Droid X case fits perfect! This case hasn't let me down since the EVO 4G! I have a hard case on my Epic, and it fits in the case perfect. Highly recommended, though it is a bit pricey...
    HTC One Glacier Silver
    ROM - TrickDroid 5.5.1

Samsung Nexus 10 - 32GB
    ROM - RootBox 4.0

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Titanium Grey - 32GB
    ROM - Stock, Rooted
    airjordanxx2 likes this.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just talked to my local store and with sprints buy back program I will be givinging them three phones and getting the sgs2e4gt for free after work!

Got mine 1st in line to collect my pre-order this device ROCKS best Ive ever used
    I will need to get use to soft key layout though thanks to HTC EVO 4G / EVO 3D
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast