short cable

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just go home with my new phone about an hour ago. It is charging as I type. The cable that comes with the phone is really really short. Am using my palm charging cable with the wall adapter that came with this phone. Just be aware that if you don't already have a micro usb charging cable you might as well pick one up now. otherwise your phone will be on the floor while charging.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Atl10pnr,

I ran into the same problem with my Photon that is going back today. Thanks for providing this info. I don't understand why manufacturers can't provide a long cable. I picked up several 15ft micro USB cables on monoprice. Work out to less than $3 each shipped.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup wow. Why even bother including a cable when it barely reaches from your foot to your knee. Looks like I'll be placing another order with Monoprice. Meh I need to order a LCD mount bracket anyways.

Minx

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I am just happy they didn't change the port up or making it only work with Samsung cables. I have a bunch of old USB cables and chargers. I too am using an old Palm cable.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how much of a difference the chargers from other manufacturers make since this port is MHL as well. I have a Motorola one and a blackberry one. Hopefully they work OK and don't do any damage.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Can any microusb cable work as wallcharger and pc connection cable? Do they have to have certain pins short in order to work with one or another?

For people who already ordered from monoprice, can you please post back your experience with cables after you receive them. Thanks!!

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how much of a difference the chargers from other manufacturers make since this port is MHL as well. I have a Motorola one and a blackberry one. Hopefully they work OK and don't do any damage.
I don't see what difference it would make. The power connections should be the same, the other connectors in the port should be data

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

philentology

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to throw my in $0.02 and say that it's not any shorter than cables I've received with any portable device in the last couple years (Palm Pre, Evo 4G, iPad.)

What do you guys/gals think of the Mono Price cables? I have the 6ft. cable from AmazonBasics and really like it. I think I paid ~$6.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys/gals think of the Mono Price cables? I have the 6ft. cable from AmazonBasics and really like it. I think I paid ~$6.

Monoprice has never let me down ... ever. I've bought tons of cables, a HDMI switch, a LCD wall mount, and other odds and ends from them. Quality is excellent, they process and ship orders fast, and their prices are second to none. Heck I'm practically becoming an unpaid spokesperson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol