1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default short cable

Just go home with my new phone about an hour ago. It is charging as I type. The cable that comes with the phone is really really short. Am using my palm charging cable with the wall adapter that came with this phone. Just be aware that if you don't already have a micro usb charging cable you might as well pick one up now. otherwise your phone will be on the floor while charging.
    Sometimes you are the ball. Sometimes you are the pins.

ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: short cable

Atl10pnr,

I ran into the same problem with my Photon that is going back today. Thanks for providing this info. I don't understand why manufacturers can't provide a long cable. I picked up several 15ft micro USB cables on monoprice. Work out to less than $3 each shipped.
    Jeff
    Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Pixi, Moto Q, BB Curve, PPC-6700
    Addicted to cell phones since 1998

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Yup, won't reach from my outlet to my desk. Cord is probably only 30" long.

Yup wow. Why even bother including a cable when it barely reaches from your foot to your knee. Looks like I'll be placing another order with Monoprice. Meh I need to order a LCD mount bracket anyways.

I am just happy they didn't change the port up or making it only work with Samsung cables. I have a bunch of old USB cables and chargers. I too am using an old Palm cable.

I wonder how much of a difference the chargers from other manufacturers make since this port is MHL as well. I have a Motorola one and a blackberry one. Hopefully they work OK and don't do any damage.

Yeah the cord is ridiculously short. Ordered a 10 ft cable and cigarette lighter adapter from monoprice for 5 bucks

Can any microusb cable work as wallcharger and pc connection cable? Do they have to have certain pins short in order to work with one or another?

For people who already ordered from monoprice, can you please post back your experience with cables after you receive them. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
    I wonder how much of a difference the chargers from other manufacturers make since this port is MHL as well. I have a Motorola one and a blackberry one. Hopefully they work OK and don't do any damage.
    I don't see what difference it would make. The power connections should be the same, the other connectors in the port should be data

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to throw my in $0.02 and say that it's not any shorter than cables I've received with any portable device in the last couple years (Palm Pre, Evo 4G, iPad.)

What do you guys/gals think of the Mono Price cables? I have the 6ft. cable from AmazonBasics and really like it. I think I paid ~$6.
    A|C Fanboy

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    TrickDroid

Pscheffer, what we are use to is Samsung, the old epic and the nexus s came with surprisin gly long usb cords.

Quote Originally Posted by pscheffer View Post

What do you guys/gals think of the Mono Price cables? I have the 6ft. cable from AmazonBasics and really like it. I think I paid ~$6.
    Monoprice has never let me down ... ever. I've bought tons of cables, a HDMI switch, a LCD wall mount, and other odds and ends from them. Quality is excellent, they process and ship orders fast, and their prices are second to none. Heck I'm practically becoming an unpaid spokesperson.