Worth getting if coming from Epic 4g?

ratm22

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Better screen,buttery smooth, lack of bulky keyboard. I got the original Epic for the keyboard but with time I ceased to use it completely. I have big hands so the extra screen doesn't bother me one bit. This phone is ridiculously light, like dummy unit light! Can't wait to see what it's like when devs start cooking things up.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I dumped my Epic 4G as well. I originally wanted a keyboard because I was coming from a Blackberry and figured it was a compromise. I got tired of how thick it was and slowly stopped using the keyboard.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Going from a Blackberry or style keyboard to touch is like going cold turkey. That's why landscape sliders are a good step between -- you can use the keyboard if you need it, but you'll find yourself using the onscreen keyboard more and more until you pretty much never end up using it. The Touch Pro 2 was the last phone I owned with a keyboard, and I can't ever see myself going back. I type better and faster on my Evo 4G with Swiftkey than I ever did on the TP2.

fanrat10

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm so over the Epic 4G (running EC05) bluetooth implementation. The bug which causes all audio to pipe through the earpiece speaker is killing me. If I use my BT headset, then when I cut it off, I miss calls and other notifications because I CAN'T HEAR THEM! Both Sprint & Sammy blame each other. I have one hand and rely on BT to allow me to do other things while on the phone. Does the E4GT BT really work?

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Picked it up friday night. Had to go to the corporate store. They had 5 left. I went to best buy before that and the girl didn't havea clue what the phone was.

I don't use bluetooth soI can't comment on that. Phone feels like a faster version of my first Epic 4g. I'm working midnights tonight where I can never get a good signal to really try it out

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
upgraded from the Epic and love it. it is a great 2year phone for those who keep there phones that long. as many have said, its crazy light. I did the flexing of the back plate and its strong lol . i didnt get crazy with the bending of it... well worth it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge