Lets talk Restrictions

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Letstalk just said that they wouldn't sell me a phone unless I agreed to keep it on that number for six months. I was going to renew my wife?s line, activate it when it comes in. Then call and switch that phone to my number, reactivate her old phone and then sell my EVO. This makes no sense to me since regardless I am buying a phone with a 2 year renewal. I wonder if they would know if I activated it and then a day later switched the lines?
Has anyone else tried this?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that they will lose whatever money they get from sprint for selling a contract. Sounds like a scare tactic

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest name in the world phone Touch 4G

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Letstalk just said that they wouldn't sell me a phone unless I agreed to keep it on that number for six months. I was going to renew my wife?s line, activate it when it comes in. Then call and switch that phone to my number, reactivate her old phone and then sell my EVO. This makes no sense to me since regardless I am buying a phone with a 2 year renewal. I wonder if they would know if I activated it and then a day later switched the lines?

They didn't tell me that but they did email me to say that I won't get my galaxy s2 for 2-4 weeks.

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I just called and talked to Let's Talk about this issue since I plan to change my number shortly. They said there is no problem with me changing my number, however I would need to call Let'sTalk back to give them the new number (they fix it on the order number) or else they will think I've cancelled my service and charge me a fee. There is no fee from them or issue with changing numbers, they just need to know the new number.