Anybody having trouble with HBO Go?

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here as well on my SGSIIE4GT. Hope to see a fix soon. Although I am more concerned about seeing HBO GO working on my SGT10.1!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So it's a Galaxy S2 issue? I haven't had trouble w/ other devices. I uninstalled and re-installed and still no go. Who can you complain to?

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought HBO GO hasn't been officially supported for all android 2.3 (or whatever) devices. Since its release, I believe HBO GO has only been supported for some devices (still no support for tablets, for example), so it's probably not surprising that it doesn't work properly on the E4GT yet. Hopefully, they will work on that so that we can use it on our E4GT (and I'm really hoping for it to work on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 even more).

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
In the meantime, if you guys really want to wacth a program, you can use the browser on your GS2 and go to the hbo go webpage. It works just fine, granted it requires a few more steps than the app does. But it's a workaround for now...

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
In the meantime, if you guys really want to wacth a program, you can use the browser on your GS2 and go to the hbo go webpage. It works just fine, granted it requires a few more steps than the app does. But it's a workaround for now...

What are the steps. When I go to HBOgo.com on the default GS2 browser, it just takes me to the screen where you choose what you're on. It wont allow me to click anything except android, and that just to download the app. It doesn't even give me an option to see any of the shows.

AntikytheraTech

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been watching some HBO GO on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 through a browser as the HBOGO app does not work on that yet either... I use Dolphin Browser HD on the GT10.1 and am able to successfully watch shows but navigating to what I want is PAINFULL. Most importantly the video quality is very poor when watching it through the browser (pixelated and laggy) and yea I have tried pausing it and letting it buffer up.

Whichever browser you use, in order to view HBO GO full site you need to go into browser settings and set your plug ins to being always on. Then set the default browsing method to desktop (as opposed to mobile).

On the SGSIIE4GT browser you can easily set plugins to always on but I am unable to find any setting for changing the default browsing method (to set it to desktop). Its easy to do this in Dolphin browser but like I explained before, at least on the GT10.1, the video quality is very poor.

I guess I am just waiting for the app to support my two Sammy Galaxy devices :-\

I am confident we will have support soon enough though. At least we have Netflix to tide us over :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish