Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody having trouble with HBO Go?

I'm getting only sound no video. Anyone else having this problem? I really love this app, use it all the time between classes.

Default Re: Anybody having trouble with HBO Go?

I have the same problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, I guess it's just an issue that needs to be fixed. I hope it doesn't take long to update.
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

In the same boat. NO picture

Same issue here.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

same issue here. no picture. hope this gets fixed asap!

ROM
    UnNamed

That's funny, because i just downloaded it and i have the same problem. Hope there's a fix soon!

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Can also confirm. Was gonna make a similar post. Has anyone found anywhere to report it?

Same issue here as well on my SGSIIE4GT. Hope to see a fix soon. Although I am more concerned about seeing HBO GO working on my SGT10.1!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Same...can't watch my Curb on the go.

So it's a Galaxy S2 issue? I haven't had trouble w/ other devices. I uninstalled and re-installed and still no go. Who can you complain to?

any updates from you all?

this is really ruining the experience. This is my favorite app

any update?

Same issue here, works fine up until it's time to watch a video, then it's just a black screen

I thought HBO GO hasn't been officially supported for all android 2.3 (or whatever) devices. Since its release, I believe HBO GO has only been supported for some devices (still no support for tablets, for example), so it's probably not surprising that it doesn't work properly on the E4GT yet. Hopefully, they will work on that so that we can use it on our E4GT (and I'm really hoping for it to work on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 even more).

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

In the meantime, if you guys really want to wacth a program, you can use the browser on your GS2 and go to the hbo go webpage. It works just fine, granted it requires a few more steps than the app does. But it's a workaround for now...

Quote Originally Posted by kenlperry View Post
    In the meantime, if you guys really want to wacth a program, you can use the browser on your GS2 and go to the hbo go webpage. It works just fine, granted it requires a few more steps than the app does. But it's a workaround for now...

What are the steps. When I go to HBOgo.com on the default GS2 browser, it just takes me to the screen where you choose what you're on. It wont allow me to click anything except android, and that just to download the app. It doesn't even give me an option to see any of the shows.

That would be nice!

I have been watching some HBO GO on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 through a browser as the HBOGO app does not work on that yet either... I use Dolphin Browser HD on the GT10.1 and am able to successfully watch shows but navigating to what I want is PAINFULL. Most importantly the video quality is very poor when watching it through the browser (pixelated and laggy) and yea I have tried pausing it and letting it buffer up.

Whichever browser you use, in order to view HBO GO full site you need to go into browser settings and set your plug ins to being always on. Then set the default browsing method to desktop (as opposed to mobile).

On the SGSIIE4GT browser you can easily set plugins to always on but I am unable to find any setting for changing the default browsing method (to set it to desktop). Its easy to do this in Dolphin browser but like I explained before, at least on the GT10.1, the video quality is very poor.

I guess I am just waiting for the app to support my two Sammy Galaxy devices

I am confident we will have support soon enough though. At least we have Netflix to tide us over :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So I need to use something other than the default browser? What do you guys recommend?

Yeah, my problem though is that my cable provider isn't one that is supported by HBO Go.

:-(

Same thing is happening with Max Go! Video not showing, but audio works.

Yes, I am having the same problem. I was thinking I had a bad phone. I guess I can wait around for the fix. Or I could go back to looking at NetFlix...aka Qwikster.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I've had issues before but I get a warning message audio only due to lack of bandwidth.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast