Defective Swype

jaguax

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with swype? It is literally unusable for me, even with the fault tolerance turned way up.

I can't even type the word "hey", much less anything else. It keeps thinking that I'm typing "jet". Typing my name "john" works 100%. Typing "swype" works 100%. Almost everything else doesn't work at all or gives me complete nonsensical words.

What gives?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I've never used it myself.

But your finger can never leave the screen.

You need to slide your finger from key to key without lifting it up from the screen.

I'm waiting to get my phone to try it out, it does take some practice.

Rob

PS I'll come back and answer this again when I have a chance to test it out myself.

jaguax

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Something's gotta be up with the software. Regular push-to-type is perfectly accurate. Is there a way to reinstall swype?

callen10#AC

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine was crazy for awbile too. Unusable. Went into the language settings and it was in spanish. Changed that and its working great.

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4G Touch

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I remember back in the day, the first T-Mo Blackberries with the small form factor keyboards would default the spell check language to Afrikaans.

RodBarnes

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue on my Galaxy Tab. I had to go in and disable all of the other languages (there are a ton of them) and then it started getting things correct. I've been a long time Swype use on my OG Droid and am a convert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt