Amazing battery

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
there is something up with this phone. I cam from work my battery was at 30%. I plugged it in for an hour it went up to 60% and guess what my phone still says its been on battery for 14 hours. So I dont know whats going on. Those on battery screens might not be all correct.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
As I have said you don't know what you are talking about. Even if you stream Netflix all day long it won't show 100%. If you watch a movie all day long until the battery dies it only shows that media app was on 10 or 20+% of the time. Same as I had the screen on 100% (which you can clearly see as the blue line is solid all across) but it only shows display as 64%.
No joke its a total combinedsystem use on battery run.
You had some opera mobile doing some surf and media server action.. what the heck you did there not sure.
3.5 hours of stream...nah by the look 2.5 hr.
So basically you watched a movie did some web & some media burning battery down in 3.5 hours.
That's impressive.

Last edited:

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Time of death.
Extremely impressed coming from the Evo 4G then 3D. I pushed this thing hard today. So much that my wife is making me sleep on the couch tonight

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

this post is epic!

kudos to you my friend!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
@ slingbox, no I don't mind.

P.s. Everyone.....leave the charger at home. This phone wrecks shop

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting around 11 hours of solid use. Don't need to the battery screen to tell me this. Unplug in the morning and then check phone when battery dies. 11 hours isn't bad but I was hoping for more.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Normal behavior for android is to try to conserve power. With this one, I try to kill it. Go figure.

PS. I bought my wife one today so now she's ignoring me.....kinda worked out perfectly

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This device is crazy.
Best Battery life available on Android.....oh and Blackberry , Their new flagship Bold has train wreck battery life on top of many other things bad..
GSIIE4G Is fast , smooth , brilliant screen heck everything is tops.
It never runs hot which I find pretty amazing.

AntikytheraTech

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
This is amazing. My EVO 4G's battery would've drained by 30% just in the time it takes to read this thread :p

Too right mate. And it is still true even after undervolting and underclocking in screen off. HTC Evo 4G was a great device but battery life was atrocious.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What processes make up Android OS in the battery manager? Mine seems to be using about 40% of my battery. My wife's Nexus S has Android OS using 4%.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here, Android OS is at 89% on my phone. Voice calls at 5% and display at 3%.

Had the phone unplugged for 3hours and 30 mins and batter is down to 67%.

Not that great to be honest. About 10% per hour.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm heavy using mine today and my android OS is at 14%

earthdog

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you Android OS is killing my battery. I have the display fully cranked and Display is only 10%.

Oddly enough I just checked my Motorola Atrix to see what it looked like since I am using both at the moment evaluating ATT and Sprint. The Atrix has Android OS at 9%. And even more strange they both have exactly the same apps so my Exchange and Gmail accounts are getting slammed with emails and the 4G Touch is running way higher Android OS

Atrix 9%
4G Touch 58%

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Android OS is at 89% on mine. Is there a way to reset the battery stats?

My WiFi sleep policy was set to Never by default, so obviously that's not helping me!

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just picked mine up. Now waiting for it to complete charging so I can set it up!! The wait is killing me!!!
Is it still true that we should fully charge and then completely discharge the battery the first time around?

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Just picked mine up. Now waiting for it to complete charging so I can set it up!! The wait is killing me!!!
Is it still true that we should fully charge and then completely discharge the battery the first time around?

I usually perform a factory reset, use until completely discharged & then fully charge.

Here is some additional detailed information. Hope this helps....

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol