Touchwiz weather widget

bobby james

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
How to I get this to change my location automatically? I have the option checked in the widgets settings, and I have it enabled in the phone's settings, but it still doesn't update my location when I travel to different cities.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There may be a bug with the Accuweather widget. Mine isn't updating automatically, even though I have it set to refresh every 3 hours.

jus2sho

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this feature really bugs me as well. When it asks if I want to "Use current location?", I select yes, and it adds my current location. But, when I travel to a different city, it doesn't update to the current city that I'm in and it keeps on showing the city that was previously added. If I add multiple cities, the widget cycles through the cities every 5 sec. WTF!!! Was the current city update just a Sense widget thing?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If I add multiple cities, the widget cycles through the cities every 5 sec. WTF!!!

This is a settings function. Go into the widget settings and change Auto Scrolling to None.

I'm going to download Beatiful Widgets soon and see how its weather widgets act.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just started using the Samsung Weather Widget. Are you guys still experiencing refresh issues? I was previously using Beautiful Widgets, which works great. Just trying this out.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I promptly replaced the stock clock* and weather widget with Fancy Widgets and that updates based on location like Sense did.

* The stock clock doesn't even have an option to have it go to an alarm clock app. Surprisingly lame.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue on the AT&T variant. First off, it has no idea where my zip code is (and I live in a very well populated, well known area) and second it doesn't update location.

Sucks because its a gorgeous looking weather widget.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issue on the AT&T variant. First off, it has no idea where my zip code is (and I live in a very well populated, well known area) and second it doesn't update location.

Sucks because its a gorgeous looking weather widget.

I know. The refresh button in the corner is handy and I contemplated to keep using it despite its issue. I wonder if someone could fix it themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I know. The refresh button in the corner is handy and I contemplated to keep using it despite its issue. I wonder if someone could fix it themselves.

Even the refresh button gives me trouble sometimes. I'm still using it for aethstetic purposes but using the weather channel app for actual weather. Their widget looks like though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Even the refresh button gives me trouble sometimes. I'm still using it for aethstetic purposes but using the weather channel app for actual weather. Their widget looks like though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I hate that it doesn't function properly.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Fancy Widgets (Customizable skins FTW) now as mine was not working either. It was not only not updating where I was, it wouldn't even update the same location (even though the interval was set to 3 hours). It also wouldn't refresh sometime when I hit the manual refresh button as well.