Problems connecting as MTP device

kentah

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get the phone to sync media in MTP mode and it often doesn't connect at all to windows 7. Has anyone else been having issues with this? This is a very important feature to me since I'd like to be able to sync Rhapsody files with the phone and when I sync in mass storage mode it doesn't bring across the playlist files.

Is there a driver download that I'm missing somewhere?

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: I see you are having problems moving files & because I don't use Rhapsody I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Last edited:

kentah

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's not just Rhapsody. Other media centers don't seem to sync playlists correctly either unless it's in MTP mode but my phone doesn't seem to connect correctly in MTP mode. It connects one out of every two times and it doesn't seem to like to sync.

Is there anyone else out there using MTP to connect to the computer instead of mass storage? Anyone having any luck in this mode?

kentah

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I didn't get any responses last time. Is anyone else trying to sync while using USB MTP mode? My phone seems to be very unstable and stops syncing at some point.

I'm trying to figure out if this is just my phone or is a problem for this model. Anyone out there reading this want to give it a try syncing music files in MTP mode?

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I didn't get any responses last time. Is anyone else trying to sync while using USB MTP mode? My phone seems to be very unstable and stops syncing at some point.

I'm trying to figure out if this is just my phone or is a problem for this model. Anyone out there reading this want to give it a try syncing music files in MTP mode?

Seems to be a Windows 7 issue.
Open Device Manager and under Portable Devices, SPH-D710 and have windows search for the driver.
Should fix it.

Abrown86

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
This has been incredibly frustrating to me lately. I haven't been able to connect my Razr HD or my wife's Nexus 7 to my PC. It seems from the forums I've read so far that this problem is across Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. I haven't seen anything about Windows 8 but that might just be to the low number of people actually using Windows 8 (ah yes, burn!). Anyway, the drivers won't correctly install and all I want to do is drag and drop a few files from here to there and can't get it to work.

I also dual boot Linux and thought it would be easier to sync there since, you know, Linux. But MTP was screwing up things there too. I ended up finding a custom script written by a Google employee who was having problems with MTP over Linux called MTP-Go. But unfortunately I haven't found anything to help with my Windows dilemma. Seriously, I used to just plug it in and go to town. No special drivers, other than the ones instantly installing, just plug and play. Ever since I upgraded to a new Android 4.2.1 device I haven't needed to do a lot of file transfers, but now that I want to this is holding me up.

I'm not a tech noob, I'm fairly computer savvy. But having to look around for an answer to a simple connection problem is ridiculous! And time consuming. It should just freakin' work right out of the box, no extra drivers or software, or fixes needed to work. I don't have time to hunt down a freakin' driver for every Android device I own. So as far as I'm concerned the change to MTP protocol has been one of the worst things I've come up against so far. GOOGLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS! Heck, at least if there was some centralized software that one could download to handle all devices Android, and put out some standards for the OEMs to follow, that would save so much time! Yeah there's ADB, but even that won't fix this MTP problem right off the bat.

I'm seriously done. I'm sick of reading thread after thread with little to no helpful information at all on this subject. Good freakin' night!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae