Why is 4G faster on GS2?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a OG Evo and a friend of mine got the GS2 from sprint. I was checking it out (AWESOME PHONE BTW) and I noticed that its 4g was running at least twice that of my evo. Speeds on my evo were typically at bout 4.5mbps and the GS2 was around 9mbps. They were sitting side by side every time we tested. There were even sometimes when my evo wouldn't pick up a 4g signal and the GS2 did.

Is this because of a radio difference between the two? If not I really dont know why its faster and it makes me want the GS2 even more because its speeds are faster.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Definitely the radio, but I'm sure part of it is the sheer processing muscle of Exynos. Aside from finicky coverage and furious battery drain, the one reason I don't leave my 4G on is that when it is connected, the Evo 4G slows and stutters. I have always assumed that this was because the 4G was much more processor intensive than 3G or wifi.

Similarly, when I use Websharing on my Evo to tarnsfer files wirlessly from my PC, it tops out at 15-16mbps. But my Galaxy tab hits 29-35mbps. I'll find out on Monday what the wifi transfer speed for the Epic Touch is, but I assume it will be pretty, pretty good.

Reactions: Mac58

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea I was thinking it could be the exynos but I thought the processing power had nothing to do with 4g speeds.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I tested mine out out i was getting around the 3 to 5 mbs more or less the same as my epic

I guess it must depend on coverage area then. Im in South FLA and I was getting a considerable increase in 4g speeds via the ET4G when placed, simultaneously, side by side to the evo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar