Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By toade
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No double tap space bar to insert period?

I miss this simple function from the iphone (sorry guys). Any way to enable it? I'm using swype by the way.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Its possible with ShiftKey X. I Just wish it had longpress for cap, its currently longpress for alt.

Default Re: No double tap space bar to insert period?

Quote Originally Posted by bobby james View Post
    I miss this simple function from the iphone (sorry guys). Any way to enable it? I'm using swype by the way.
    Not in SWYPE. In SWYPE you drag from the period to the space bar. That will do a period followed by a space, and once you get used to it, it's actually faster than a double tap. You also do that for commas, question marks, etc.

If you like more of an iphone experience, download for free, "Keyboard from android 2.3" from the market.
    rbasanez likes this.

I second that. The swype method is very fast with the period to space bar swype. Sometimes tutorials do actually help. The gingerbread keyboard and Perfect Keyboard both have double tap space for period.

Quote Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
    Its possible with ShiftKey X. I Just wish it had longpress for cap, its currently longpress for alt.
    Yes!

Link: SwiftKey free trial.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Swype from period to space bar. Works perfectly and is fast.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys. I'm starting to get used to the period to space bar swype.