Charge Complete Sound

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to disable the Charge Complete sound? If you turn of all sound via the drop down menu, that works. However, then you loose phone call sounds at night that you may want to hear. I am surprised Samsung didn't include an option for turnning this off.

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this is really annoying as I charge overnight but can't turn off the sound in care I have an emergency call. Hope they fix this soon.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is a quote from Pocketnow's International Galaxy SII review written four months ago:

We also wonder whose idea it was to have the device make a beep when the battery is fully charged...if you like waking up at 3AM, this won't be a problem for you, but for those of us that like to sleep soundly, it's a big annoyance.

Unless owners make a big enough stink to get Samsumg to patch an update that allows users to turn it off, I'm afraid you're probably going to need root and a custom ROM to get this done.

JosephD1014

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're concerned about phone noises in the middle of the night but you don't want to set it to vibrate overnight because you want to hear your phone calls, I recommend getting (free from the marketplace) Sound Manager v2.

You can set custom schedules for when you want your phone to be at what level for all four volume sliders. I have mine go a lil quiet for everything at 11pm (when wife goes to sleep) and then at midnight it goes completely silent except for phone calls (because if someone is calling me in the middle of the night it must be important).

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781