may have made the wrong decision

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Bars on the display, of course, mean nothing. My 3D (past tense, I've moved on) did have call reception issues, but so has every Sprint phone I've ever had at some point. But -- GPS was always great in the US and Canada. What GPS issues did your 3d have?

The biggest problem I had with the 3D was the GPS. It would lose gps lock while driving down the highway. Something my OG Evo never would do. Not to mention it would rome in my house, some thing that neither the Photon, OG Evo or the ET4G does! Bar none the worst out of the 3 phones in my opinion! Trust me I went through 3 with nothing but hardware issues!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow....that's one of the most idiotic things I've read all day....not just because of the juvenile iPhone name joke. But the implication was also quite idiotic ....

Lol, you must be a most wise sage of all things mobile, and I apologize for boring you with my juvenile intellect, but frankly, the implication is non other than an inference to the rumors of the upcoming data changes (rumored) for Sprint EVDO Rev B, and not to mention the upgrade to LTE in the not so far future. Now, if one could imagine the amount of work required just to simply overhaul the whole Now Network to Rev B, then it might make sense that data speeds would be temporarily affected by the overhaul! I assume we shall see on October 7 what actually comes of Sprint's "announcement" and if REV B fits anywhere into the scheme of things at all, but you know what, I'm trying to be optimistic about a carrier that I have loved for 4 years now! However, if Sprint does not do something about data speeds, and soon, my loyalty may run out!

Last edited:

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok. .I took the photon back to try out this phone but I'm starting to question this ..the photon had superior reception from 3g performance but this phone is very slow to connect ... I know sprint has issues with 3G but the photon was so good that it compensated for it

I'm not sure what you mean by the words "slow to connect." You're either connected or you aren't. My 3G speeds were very slow until I tried Milo's 3G speed fix. Have you tried that? I did and my 3g speeds tripled. Oh, that's right, you bashed Milo's thread and said none of those fixes would work and the only option was to call Sprint, so I assume you didn't try it.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you guys tried this out to see if it would help you out. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...c-4g-touch-3g-4g-data-speeds.html#post1288497

For some people it helped out . Theirs a ton of information in the Sticky section, I have been with Sprint over 15 years and yea Efoss Sprint needs to do something about their data speeds. Tech these days its all about the data and less about calls. It socks if you can't make a call but you can still get those 20 or 30 text out but the end of lunch :)... Friday needs to be a good day for Sprint so we can have a good day too.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you guys tried this out to see if it would help you out. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...c-4g-touch-3g-4g-data-speeds.html#post1288497

For some people it helped out . Theirs a ton of information in the Sticky section, I have been with Sprint over 15 years and yea Efoss Sprint needs to do something about their data speeds. Tech these days its all about the data and less about calls. It socks if you can't make a call but you can still get those 20 or 30 text out but the end of lunch :)... Friday needs to be a good day for Sprint so we can have a good day too.

I tried this and at first it killed my speed but after few hours its definatelly improved and stayed that way

Jay005

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well this is underwhleming to me.....

I really was getting ready to sell my Evo 3D and pick up the Epic Touch 4G, and now having gone through this thread, I'm having second thoughts.......

Might have to wait a while for this one, afterall.... Or for whatever's next.

I just got my Epic 4G Touch the other day and I came from a 3D. I've been carrying them both around and haven't noticed one getting reception than the other. They are both pulling roughly the same. I'm sending the Epic 4G Touch back though for personal reasons but overall, it is a great phone. I just don't care for touchwiz and feel like I shouldn't have to use another launcher to like my device.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Epic 4G Touch the other day and I came from a 3D. I've been carrying them both around and haven't noticed one getting reception than the other. They are both pulling roughly the same. I'm sending the Epic 4G Touch back though for personal reasons but overall, it is a great phone. I just don't care for touchwiz and feel like I shouldn't have to use another launcher to like my device.

Out of curiosity what components of TouchWiz do you not like? I'm not challenging you by any means I am just curious if I am missing something. i've had the Evo, Photon (briefly) and now the Epic 4G Touch and just curious what components of the UI you don't like. I'm considering putting on a 3rd party launcher but I'm not sure which one yet.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes