Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

    Default Re: How to Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard to the Epic 4G Touc

    Has anyone connected a Bluetooth Keyboard yet?
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  2. #27  
    RamboDroid's Avatar
    A|C Fanboy

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    TrickDroid

    Default Re: How to Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard to the Epic 4G Touc

    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Has anyone connected a Bluetooth Keyboard yet?
    I was short on time, but i got it to pair then it lost connection. It was my bluetooth iMac keyboard, my iMac was still there when i was trying and as soon as it lost connection i saw it connect right back with the iMac. Tommorrow I will take it to another room and try it.

    But i did get my magic mouse to pair and it worked great. Only problem is there is no way to do "menu" on the mouse cuz you cant click the wheel.
    Pearl >curve8900 >curve8330 >HTC Hero >HTC EVO 4G>Optimus S >Nexus S 4G >HTC EVO 4G >Epic Touch 4G>Galaxy Nexus>HTC One S>GNote 2>Nexus 4>LG G2
  3. #28  
    RamboDroid's Avatar
    A|C Fanboy

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    TrickDroid

    Default Re: How to Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard to the Epic 4G Touc

    Might want to add the mouse legend:
    Left click is select
    Right click is back
    and click the wheel is like pressing the menu button
    Pearl >curve8900 >curve8330 >HTC Hero >HTC EVO 4G>Optimus S >Nexus S 4G >HTC EVO 4G >Epic Touch 4G>Galaxy Nexus>HTC One S>GNote 2>Nexus 4>LG G2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

    Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

    Quote Originally Posted by RamboDroid View Post
    ...poor service believe it's what causes me to always get bad battery life...
    ...In addition to the poor service I am also a heavy user...
    Do you have Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

    Do you have this at home and at work?

    Sprint will give you them for free if you convince them you have bad service.

    The Airave is a femtocell, a miniature cell tower about 10" tall. SUddenly you get perfect reception at home instead.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  5. #30  
    RamboDroid's Avatar
    A|C Fanboy

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    TrickDroid

    Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Do you have Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

    Do you have this at home and at work?

    Sprint will give you them for free if you convince them you have bad service.

    The Airave is a femtocell, a miniature cell tower about 10" tall. SUddenly you get perfect reception at home instead.
    I work 2 blocks from home

    Ya thanks but nope not available in my area. When i first got sprint service i actually gave them a different zip code just so i could get there service cuz where i am at the say they dont offer service. Tmo gave me the boot when we move here after 7yrs of service. AT&T said no way Verizon will sign ya up but you have to go out side your house to use it! Pioneer Wireless actually owns the tower that i get service from but apparently their roam/ share tower agrement with Sprint isnt too costly cuz I've been with Sprint for over 2yrs now.

    Verizon is so bad I actually have converted 12 people this year to Sprint of course the referral program ended in Dec last year. LOL All of which had to give a false zip to to get the services up and running.

    for your entertainment the zip where we live is 67003
    Pearl >curve8900 >curve8330 >HTC Hero >HTC EVO 4G>Optimus S >Nexus S 4G >HTC EVO 4G >Epic Touch 4G>Galaxy Nexus>HTC One S>GNote 2>Nexus 4>LG G2
  6. #31  

    Default Re: How to Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard to the Epic 4G Touc

    This is great stuff.. So when I connect to my flat screen does this mean that I can control the contents in the phone from the keyboard? Like browsing the web?

    Thanks,
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

    Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

    Find a way for them to get you an Airave at your alter-ego locations. Airave will solve your signal and battery issues.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 09-21-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  8. #33  

    Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

    Battery life was great but has got better since 3 discharges.

    OK what I have going on.

    Wireless
    3G ON
    GPS - ON
    WIFI ON 10%

    SYNC
    Facbook Sync setting 3 hr
    BeWeather Sync setting 2 hour gps location enabled


    USE
    Lots of Email , texting & GTalk
    10 pictures taken & couple screen shots.
    60 min Tunein radio
    40 min Kia air
    30 min BeWeather , manual updating , checking forecast & maps
    5 min Google Nav
    5 min Facebook
    20 min google maps
    2hr in phone calls.
    35 min web browsing.
    30 min market - 10 app installs.
    7 min HDMI mirror to Plasma television > charger needed to be connected in order to use feature.

    Off the wall use
    5 speed test
    2 Quadrant score
    20 min waking up device being a phone nerd playing in settings etc




    UPDATE:
    Currently at 26% 9:13 pm device is going to be sleeping until I wake up in the mourning.
    Will post screen shot
    UPDATE:
    Device woke up this morning at 6:21 AM total lost in 9hr sleep 5%



    Pretty amazing if you ask me!
    Last edited by slingbox; 09-22-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
  9. #34  

    Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

    I am now at 2 days 14 hours and still 20% left. Yes, usage has been minimal but good to know it can go more than 2 days on stand by and still have 20% left. This could never happen with my Evo. 8-9 hours was the longest I ever went with the Evo.

    Ian B
  10. #35  
    crux's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    ROM
    Team Hydro + Gingerkernel

    Default

    Im on my lg optimus v right now and at about 19 hrs since i took it off the charger, 50% of my battery left. I can usually go 2 full days without charging if i dont use my phone much. Right now i only have all my syncs on.
  11. #36  
    RamboDroid's Avatar
    A|C Fanboy

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    TrickDroid

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Battery life was great but has got better since 3 discharges.

    OK what I have going on.

    Wireless
    3G ON
    GPS - ON
    WIFI ON 10%

    SYNC
    Facbook Sync setting 3 hr
    BeWeather Sync setting 2 hour gps location enabled


    USE
    Lots of Email , texting & GTalk
    10 pictures taken & couple screen shots.
    60 min Tunein radio
    40 min Kia air
    30 min BeWeather , manual updating , checking forecast & maps
    5 min Google Nav
    5 min Facebook
    20 min google maps
    2hr in phone calls.
    35 min web browsing.
    30 min market - 10 app installs.
    7 min HDMI mirror to Plasma television > charger needed to be connected in order to use feature.

    Off the wall use
    5 speed test
    2 Quadrant score
    20 min waking up device being a phone nerd playing in settings etc


    Click to view quoted image

    UPDATE:
    Currently at 26% 9:13 pm device is going to be sleeping until I wake up in the mourning.
    Will post screen shot
    That's great! Very though, I like that especially when we are talking battery life.

    Btw I hate you for getting that good of battery life....

    :^)
  12. #37  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

    In a way it feels like this is a real smart phone. lol its learning how we use it and tries to use less power to let us do what we what on it. I charged this morning and so far i am at 17h 22m and 37secs with 40% left. where i was stationed at work today i get full 4g so i left it on all day till i got home. around 5pm i would have needed to charge my Epic if i didn't have done so already during the day. ill post picks tomorrow ... Oh and i love the screen shot feature. awesome Sammy....
  13. #38  

    Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

    UPDATE: Bump
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
  14. #39  
    tkemack's Avatar

    Posts
    559 Posts
    ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

    Default

    A trick I just found.
    From the messages folder where it shows allow your conversations....swipe right and it calls that contact, swipe left and it goes to messages

    Edit: also works in contacts

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
    Thanked by:
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    Just figured out a trick...

    From the "Applications" folder press and hold an app icon and the phone vibes and goes to the home screen to leave a shortcut. Nice.
    Thanked by:
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by pmjohnson99 View Post
    Just figured out a trick...

    From the "Applications" folder press and hold an app icon and the phone vibes and goes to the home screen to leave a shortcut. Nice.
    Ya, not to be rude or nothing but I found that out yrs ago when the HTC Hero came out
    fuzzydoodle likes this.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    Language Issue with Swype:

    I've read about a lot of people having trouble with the Swype keyboard, and finding their language keeps getting set to Spanish. Well, there is a button between the SYM and Comma buttons on the bottom row which changes the language setting. It's the little globe with capital letters below it. It's in a terrible place, being squeezed between two often used keys.

    Here's a solution. Hold that button down, and a menu will pop up which will allow you to DE-SELECT Spanish as a language option.
    Thanked by 2:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by tkemack View Post
    A trick I just found.
    From the messages folder where it shows allow your conversations....swipe right and it calls that contact, swipe left and it goes to messages

    Edit: also works in contacts

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
    That one is so good that I added it in the 25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch:

    It's the Gesture that Counts
    TouchWiz 4 adds a number of nice gestures and motion shortcuts (video). To enable: Tap Home >Menu > Settings > Motion settings.
    Contacts: Swipe right on a contact to call the contact or swipe left to text the contact.
    Mute: Turn the phone face down to mute an incoming call or sound.
    Homescreen: Tilt the phone left or right to move pages. Pinch in to see all pages. Swipe left or right on the dots to quickly move pages.
    Brightness: Long-press the notification bar and swipe left or right to manually change brightness if not set to Auto. (Setup)
    Scroll: Many apps let you use three finger scrolling to scroll faster or use two fingers to stop instantly without any momentum.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
    Thanked by 6:
    RamboDroid likes this.
  19. #44  
    oversteer325's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    When watching a video using Media Hub or the video player, if you press the volume button and the power button at the same time it will lock the screen and soft buttons to prevent interuption during video playback. Pressing them again will unlock it. Found this one accidentally and it took forever for me to figure out how to unlock it!
    Thanked by:
  20. #45  

    Default

    Anyone know how to show the bookmarks for the stock browser? I have been looking but to no avail!

    Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 running "The Beginning" by Task650
    Nexus 7 - retired
    Galaxy S3 - retired
    Galaxy Note 2 - retired
    Galaxy Note 3 - Stock
  21. #46  
    tkemack's Avatar

    Posts
    559 Posts
    ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Anyone know how to show the bookmarks for the stock browser? I have been looking but to no avail!

    Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!
    In browser press menu then click the icon next to the url bar on the right

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
    Thanked by:
    milominderbinde likes this.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    Heya guys, I jz got the Epic 4G Touch few days ago and I got few questions about it. How do you guys get the phone to last more than a day?. I can't get mine to go past 9 hours, I don't really use it heavily and no widgets running. I checked the battery usage for the Android OS it state 42%, how do you keep it below 30%?. I really really appreciate any help or tips you guys can give me. Thanks in advance!
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    I am having the same issue with battery and android os. I didn't notice the battery problem until I woke up today and checked my mother's phone. I went to sleep with the battery at 70%. I woke up 7 hours later and saw that it dropped to 31%!!!! I checked the battery usage on the phone and it showed a whopping 63% from android os!

    The only sync settings or frequency settings I made was on stock e-mail app and the accuweather widget while having 3g on of course. I set the email app frequency to once a day and the weather widget to every 12 hours. I don't understand how they would be battery killers if I set the frequencies so high. The phone isn't rooted so I don't have any custom roms or kernels installed. Should I root my mother's phone and install a kernel so see it helps?

    I didn't notice before because I received the phone on the 22nd and I have been playing it constantly and recharged it every night except for last night when I noticed the issue.

    Will this be covered under the warranty after the 14 days if it is a phone issue? I ordered it online through Sprint and I don't want to go through the trouble of returning by mailing it back. Can I do it instore? I don't really know the Sprint policies since I have T-mobile. Any suggestions? Sorry for the long post.

    btw I also have auto sync off with background data on.
  24. #49  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Hykes86 View Post
    Heya guys, I jz got the Epic 4G Touch few days ago and I got few questions about it. How do you guys get the phone to last more than a day?. I can't get mine to go past 9 hours, I don't really use it heavily and no widgets running. I checked the battery usage for the Android OS it state 42%, how do you keep it below 30%?. I really really appreciate any help or tips you guys can give me. Thanks in advance!
    first welcome ... i have posted some links for you to read over. any questions you have for those issues you can post in them to get some help and answers.

    Just over 6 hours and down to 26% Bad battery, something else?
    Android OS over 60+%
  25. #50  
    longbow's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

    Smile Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Language Issue with Swype:

    I've read about a lot of people having trouble with the Swype keyboard, and finding their language keeps getting set to Spanish. Well, there is a button between the SYM and Comma buttons on the bottom row which changes the language setting. It's the little globe with capital letters below it. It's in a terrible place, being squeezed between two often used keys.

    Here's a solution. Hold that button down, and a menu will pop up which will allow you to DE-SELECT Spanish as a language option.
    Thanks! That has been driving me crazy ever since I got this phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions