Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    first welcome ... i have posted some links for you to read over. any questions you have for those issues you can post in them to get some help and answers.

Just over 6 hours and down to 26% Bad battery, something else?
    Android OS over 60+%
    Thanks alot for the help, really appreciate it. I'm gonna go check those threads. Thanks again.
    A|C Fanboy

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    TrickDroid

TRICK:

In the app drawer you can pinch the screen and it gives you the sense like view of the app drawer pages. This is very hand for a guy who doesn't do the folders but wants to navigate fast.

Love finding all these little things. I've had a lot of android phones and tried a lot of custom android roms on those phones. And I must say this thing is chalked full of little tricks that make if feel like a home brewed rom.
    Thanked by 5:
    milominderbinde likes this.

Hi,

Thank you for all the information!!!!
    I'm thinking to buy it
    And this information is very useful
    Are you happy to have this phone? Or better Iphone?

Thanks!

I can kinda use pinch to minimize the web browser and go to window mode , haven't perfected it yet. Not really sure what triggers it specifically, anyone?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonSmith81 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for all the information!!!!
    I'm thinking to buy it
    And this information is very useful
    Are you happy to have this phone? Or better Iphone?

Thanks!
    The iPhone 5 does not even come close to the Epic 4G Touch.
    — Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards — Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Quote Originally Posted by Hykes86 View Post
    Heya guys, I jz got the Epic 4G Touch few days ago and I got few questions about it. How do you guys get the phone to last more than a day?. I can't get mine to go past 9 hours, I don't really use it heavily and no widgets running. I checked the battery usage for the Android OS it state 42%, how do you keep it below 30%?. I really really appreciate any help or tips you guys can give me. Thanks in advance!
    See the 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Galaxy S II-How Long Can You Go?
    — Milo
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The iPhone 5 does not even come close to the Epic 4G Touch.
    While I have and love the Epic 4G Touch, how can you make this blanket statement when you have no idea what the iPhone 5 is going to feature? Suppose they release a quad-core, 4.5" retina display, 6mm thick, 3 oz monster? No one will know which is better for sure until Oct 4th.
    Samsung - SPH-D710

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

Hi all,

I am trying to find out what the little hole just above the volume rocker, my silicone case even has a cut out for this hole:?

Its not listed in the big manual that I download from Android Central.

Thanks!

Rob
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

- Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Samsung - SPH-D710

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

Sorry for making another message!

What does it mean to 'Share' or 'Share an Application'?

The manual doesn't really explain what 'Sharing' means. To share an application sounds strange to me?

Thanks!

Rob

PS I'm an Android newbie, coming from WebOS. I have been loving the Samsung Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch! I'm now down to learning the little buried stuff! I'm reading this whole thread tonight!
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

- Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I am trying to find out what the little hole just above the volume rocker, my silicone case even has a cut out for this hole:?
    I can't find a reference for it. iFixIt did a tear down and maythey found out?

It is an Ethernet device so maybe that hole is so extra Ether can escape?
    — Milo

It's a hole for a lanyard strap, so you can attach wrist, neck, or accessory straps. If you pull off your battery cover you can see a tiny little bar that you'd loop around.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

What does it mean to 'Share' or 'Share an Application'?
    Rob,

Check out the Getting Started section on Cut, Copy, Paste, and Share for this:
    Share Options
    You can share a link to a YouTube Video, website, or an app in the Android Market, etc. via:
    • Email
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Text message

Sharing Apps
    •
    - You can share a link to an app in the Android Market. MyAppSharer let's you email the actual app apk.
    •
    - Bump another Android or iPhone to share photos, contacts, or a link to an app in the Android Market.
    You are asking really great questions. If you are at this point, come over to the dark side and try out the 500 features and tricks in the Getting Started. Many are not documented anywhere. Few are in the manuals.

But there are a tremendous number of features unique to the Samsung/Galaxy S II/TouchWiz 4. I have done a few of them up as posts:
    • 25 Reasons to Consider the Epic 4G Touch
    • How to Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard
    • 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch
    • The Samsung Expanded Clipboard
    • Customize the Epic 4G Touch Lock Screen
    • Epic 4G Touch App Folders
    • Increase Epic 4G Touch Data Speeds
    • Change the Epic 4G Touch to "Pure" Android Without Rooting

I am Milo from PreCentral. I also did the getting started guides for the Pre.

Right now I am just having a ball with the Epic 4G Touch!
    — Milo
    Thanked by:

Default Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

Quote Originally Posted by ericsckane View Post
    I'm on my fourth charge so far and I started my day at 8 am at full charge. I used Bluetooth for 15 minutes on the way to work. I don't have wifi at work so I ran 3G all day from 9-5 with Facebook being checked, texting quite frequently, email and weather syncing, and using twitter occassionally. I used Bluetooth on the way home and spent an hour and a half on the phone after that. From 6:30 on, I've run 4G the whole time (I live in Baltimore and get excellent 4G connections and speeds) with an hour of YouTube watching ontop of browsing/Facebook/texting with a live wallpaper running the whole time I had 4G on. I'm trying to kill this battery basically and I'm not succeeding. I'm typing on this right now and my stats on the display being on is 2 hours and 40 minutes. I'm still at 35% and Ive had the phone running for almost 14 hours.

Needless to say, this phone is the best phone period. The battery is amazing.
    If this is true, I want to know what magic pixie dust you sprinkled on the phone, or what power monster I have on mine that keeps eating my battery away, because right now I'm at a loss...

I purchased the phone on Saturday, installed a few apps and whatnot, and didn't add any widgets other than the ones that came active on the phone when it was first turned on. I let the battery run to 0% on Sunday so I could fully charge it to 100% overnight for Monday morning.

I unplugged it at 7:30am, and by 2pm, it was at 29%. During that time, I had 4G or WiFi on sporadically (Manhattan area), had a fair few text messages, emails (both corporate and gmail accounts) and gtalk conversations, but nothing was constant, and I was certainly around the same level I used my EVO 4G just a week earlier, and that phone would be at about 55-65% at the same point in the day. The phone is now off and charging up as I write this.

What is up with this phone, or it's user? Any ideas?

the screen is bigger and there's more power under the hood of the Samsung galaxy two vs that evo4g
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmanx33 View Post
    If this is true, I want to know what magic pixie dust you sprinkled on the phone...
    Here is where the pixie dust is kept:

30+ Hours Battery Life

You have some setting, app or widget that is robbing you blind. Follow those steps and you can get amazing battery life. But if you are using apps like streaming music, watching movies, RPG, GPS navigation, etc., there is no phone that can give you many hours. Consider a charger or an external battery.
    — Milo

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    It's a hole for a lanyard strap, so you can attach wrist, neck, or accessory straps. If you pull off your battery cover you can see a tiny little bar that you'd loop around.
    There's a wrist strap hole on this phone? Awesome!!!

Forgive me, I'm a klutz. I need a wrist strap to keep me from killing my phone. Already killed a LG Optimus trying to put it away.

Had this Epic touch for 3 days now. Love it! All around its a bad a** device! I'm an android addict. Been at it since the G1. The device is great! Ppl who are having probs , read read read. This phone is great!!
    mandyd78 likes this.

just found out that by holding down the very top of the screen where the time, battery signal etc is located.. if you press and hold there and slide your finger left to right it enables screen brightner

its because it measures from time since last full charge

Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy View Post
    Do any of you use 4G at all? I've only tried turning it on a few times, but the connection never seems to be stable so I just leave it off. I noticed when I had it on though that the battery does seem to drain much much faster!

Just bought this phone yesterday and am loving it so far. Coming from the evo 4g which I loved, but dropped and shattered the screen Anyway, I'm still getting used to a few things on the phone. I notice the keyboard isn't as easy to use as the one on the evo.

Anyway, thanks everyone for posting tips. I'm definitely going to look into saving battery life posts.
    Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G

does anyone know how to recover files deleted from my phone. like pictures i took of a cheating wife.
    also my phone came with a voice recorder application and i recorded something that my cheating wife deleted, is there anyway to recover that?

thank you any help would be much appreciated it.
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by smilzmp View Post
    does anyone know how to recover files deleted from my phone. like pictures i took of a cheating wife.
    also my phone came with a voice recorder application and i recorded something that my cheating wife deleted, is there anyway to recover that?

thank you any help would be much appreciated it.
    chris
    DiskDigger should work:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorials

And a divorce lawyer too

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorials

I am sure that the 'little hole' about the volume is for plugging in a Wrist/Neck strap.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123