1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default For everyone with data problems, I think I have found thesolution

Ok, so I know a lot of us are having data issues and some are not

I think I may have figured it out

It is most probably because you ordered from a 3rd party retailer that didn't program the phone properly.

I ordered from Wirefly, and they never programmed my MSID, just the cell phone number

1. So, call tech support and have them reprogram your phone. They will give you a ##xxxxxx# code, then you enter in your cell number and MSID

2. let it reboot

3. update PRL, Firmware, and Profile in that order. Restart again

you *should* have better data connectivity.

PLEASE REPORT WITH RESULTS

MSID always appears as all zeros when manually reprogramming a Sprint phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Default Re: For everyone with data problems, I think I have found thesolu

I got mine from a Sprint store
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by vintage712 View Post
    MSID always appears as all zeros when manually reprogramming a Sprint phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    if you go to "VIEW" MSID...it shows your MSID, and not blank how mine originally showed

Sometimes getting a "data refresh" or re-provisioning does help. It's worth a try
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmith View Post
    Sometimes getting a "data refresh" or re-provisioning does help. It's worth a try
    I did that by entering ##72786# and msl. Also make sure you have a tech support on the line to refresh on his end when the phone restarts

Okay, I just came from Verizon and I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What is MSID? And what exactly do you say to tech support when you call them?

Could you tell me if this is a "factory reset" or is this something different? Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrcminnesota View Post
    Could you tell me if this is a "factory reset" or is this something different? Thanks

This re programs your phone to the sprint network. I would offer to give your MSL but according to Cory at Android central , this is spamming. SO I CANT supply it so do NOT PM and ask.

I know my MSL - so can you give me the steps or does tech support need to be on the other end. I was talking to a Tech Support earlier and he said that this wipes out my phone and it is a factory reset (maybe I didn't ask the correct question). Soooo..........
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Simple

go to you phone dialer
    type ##72786# a pop up will ask for your lock code , enter it IE... 123456 Click the menu button and hit Commit and it will say restarting your device it 10 seconds, click ok to speed up the process. YOUR phone will re program as if for the 1st time. " hands free activation"

NO YOU WILL NOT lose any data. Just re programs as if for the 1st time.
    Last edited by boggs3010; 09-25-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks - I will try it. Appreciate such a quick response.

ROM
    UnNamed

yea i did this about a week ago and it helped. i went from 1-3 bars at home to 3-5 bars. also i had no service at my parents house and now i have 1-2 bars there.

didnt help my 4g coverage

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boggs3010 View Post
    Simple

go to you phone dialer
    type ##72786# a pop up will ask for your lock code , enter it IE... 123456 Click the menu button and hit Commit and it will say restarting your device it 10 seconds, click ok to speed up the process. YOUR phone will re program as if for the 1st time. " hands free activation"

NO YOU WILL NOT lose any data. Just re programs as if for the 1st time.
    What exactly should the screen say" SCRTN is change to factory default value for DAS?..That's what it says on mine.

Mine also says SCRTN is change to factory default value for DAS? I don't want to do this if this is a factory reset. There is no menu button nor commit
    Thanks

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I did it, just hit yes and it resets your phone immediately then when it turns back on it says something about connecting you to sprint service and it downloads your profile, updates your prl and then looks for a firmware update then it resets again. All of my info was there and nothing got erased. It did help some on 3g I was getting speeds around 0.6 mbps speeds went up to 1.57 mbps. 4g after was 4 mbps.

Just did it and have same MSID that had before no change in speed but have an extra 2 bars. Not that bars really mean much as you either have a signal or don't.
    Sometimes you are the ball. Sometimes you are the pins.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly

didn't do anything for me but sprint says according to their coverage maps I shouldn't be getting any service..... So I guess whatever I'm getting I get and i dont have great Internet service either so I don't want an airave sucking all my bandwidth.

I did it and now the speed has "decreased" even further. I am going to take it to Sprint store today and have them check it out. May just return it - still have 6 days

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Did anyone else have problems with a external SD card after doing this. I did the ##72786# and did the hands free activation, prl, firmware, profile updates. After it rebooted it said 'Damaged SD card'. Had to format my SD card.

Doing these tricks with the 0.0.0.0. Does not work. I though it did at first aslo, probably being just overly hopeful but in truth it doesn't do a thing.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the MSL code without MSL reader? My phone is rooted [thanks zedomax], but MSL reader doesn't recognize the root... It says that /dev/smd0 does not exist.

Any thoughts as to how I can get the MSL code? I got my phone from Wirefly and I def. need to do this.

Download Terminal Emulator from the market.

Before you run it, switch your active keyboard to anything but Swype.

Open Terminal Emulator and type getprop ril.MSL exactly as I wrote it, then press enter.

Done!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk