Lock screen timeout

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I set a lock screen pattern for my device with a 10 minute delay. However, the lock screen is automatically activated as soon as I hit the power button. I notice the description reads "lock screen X Minutes after screen AUTOMATICALLY turns off" so I let the screen turn off itself opposed to hitting the power button, and then it works as its supposed to. Is there a way to bypass that? I would like to have it locked after a certain time of inactivity and be able to power off the screen with the button.

kpnitrl

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I too am experiencing that. It worked at first but after I installed skype it stopped. it would lock right after I turned off the screen. Were you able to resolve it?

cyberprashant

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I set a lock screen pattern for my device with a 10 minute delay. However, the lock screen is automatically activated as soon as I hit the power button. I notice the description reads "lock screen X Minutes after screen AUTOMATICALLY turns off" so I let the screen turn off itself opposed to hitting the power button, and then it works as its supposed to. Is there a way to bypass that? I would like to have it locked after a certain time of inactivity and be able to power off the screen with the button.

I'm trying to find the settings option for this? My pre had it where screen turned off 30 seconds, but I could set the lock to come on after 30 minutes so I'm not having to unlock the phone every 2 seconds.

Is there a way to do it?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Menu > settings > display > screen timeout

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
This is the problem:

On the Evo 4G, you could delay the security screen (with the pin code or pattern) from showing up until after a specified period of inactivity. So if I set it for 10 minutes, I could turn the screen on and off and only deal with the unlock screen. If I didn't touch the phone for 10 minutes, then I would have the unlock followed by security input.

On the ET, the security screen will only delay if the screen auto shuts off. If you manually shut off the screen, it resets the clock and when you turn it back on, you have to unlock and then enter the security code again. It's like someone didn't understand the purpose of the delay.

The bottom line is, the TW implementation is nonSense.

cyberprashant

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Menu > settings > display > screen timeout

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

ok yeah I have that set to 1 minute. But on my pre I could do the screen timeout in 1 minute but make the screen lock come on after 30 minutes. I don't see anyway to do that here I see...

slwatts

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
On the ET, the security screen will only delay if the screen auto shuts off. If you manually shut off the screen, it resets the clock and when you turn it back on, you have to unlock and then enter the security code again. It's like someone didn't understand the purpose of the delay.

The bottom line is, the TW implementation is nonSense.
H
Is there a solution to this issue? Will Widget lock at agile lock fix this issue. It's beginning to drive me crazy.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm using App Protector to work around this. In many ways, it's better than the Sense implementation, since I can have non-personal apps like the music player or camera launch without having to unlock the phone. I very much appreciate that functionality, and it makes the experience that much smoother.

Even so, I hope the next version of App Protector has an inactivity timeout period rather than a set timeout period. If I set it to 60 minutes and I start an email with 1 minute left on the clock, it will lock me in the middle of it. It's not the worst thing to happen, but an inactivity timeout would be the best implementation.

Not familiar with Agile lock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie