Many problems just like the Epic 4G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No trolling here guys but honestly is this phone going to be like the EPIC fail that the Epic 4g was thats still plagued by many quality issues????? The main problem here is that the phone fails big time to connect to the network and explains why it takes even most mobile pages 25 seconds to load past half way and then another 30 seconds for the full page to load. I've been on the phone with Sprint Technical support for almost and our and have tried out at least 4 different things and we are getting now where. The problem I see with the phone is that it takes a long time to connect to the server which has nothing to do with Sprints network but the poor antenna's in the phone maybe. We also did a speed test on Sprint.com/speedtest and the Ping = 498 dwnld = .20mbs and upld= .013 mbps. To make matters worse it actually took 2 minutes to complete each test in which we had to take 3 test. If the problem which is the only problem i'm encountering other than missing widgets persist i'm going to have to hang it up on this Sammy.. I refuse to be glamatized by a big beautiful screen and a superb camera...I must have fast connecting internet!!!!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Another Epic FAIL by Samsung just like the Epic 4g??

Don't have that problem. I have sprint and VZW accounts. Been running the networks head to head. They keep tied with every test about. Sometimes one beats the other by a milliseconds, but pages load in less that 10 seconds with heavy flash. It is about time you started taking care of your problem. Man that is a long time to wait .

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Don't have that problem. I have sprint and VZW accounts. Been running the networks head to head. They keep tied with every test about. Sometimes one beats the other by a milliseconds, but pages load in less that 10 seconds with heavy flash. It is about time you started taking care of your problem. Man that is a long time to wait .

Yeah, ill more than likely be taking the phone back tomorrow for a return.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with ur next device! Someone its gonna have to pry this phone from my cold dead hands.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

if signal strength is your priority just go back to the Photon. I had one before and it was damn good signal wise. Personally I havent had any signal problems and wouldn't dream of going back.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

if signal strength is your priority just go back to the Photon. I had one before and it was damn good signal wise. Personally I havent had any signal problems and wouldn't dream of going back.

I may have to go back to the Photon..I had the Photon as well and after the first update the browser speeds were faster than any other phone to date.. This Samsung is liken to the Palm Pre!!!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Good luck with ur next device! Someone its gonna have to pry this phone from my cold dead hands.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

That is what I am saying. I have two accounts right now to see if Sprint holds up. I am using Sprints hotspot. My pages are loading in less than 3 seconds. That is as fast as Verizon hotspot was loading. This phone on this network is awesome. Finally Android runs better than iOS, and I don't think the iPhone 5 is going to be any better. This is as good as it gets.

OP, good luck with your next device as well! See ya!

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

its the frickin network. I had the same speeds with photon, evo3d and now the sgs2, I still have the evo 3d my dad uses it. I moved back to northern cali and the speeds are terrible ere where I live, where I work they are decent. They better be upgrading their network. Speeds used to be fine in so-cal.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

No trolling here guys but honestly is this phone going to be like the EPIC fail that the Epic 4g was thats still plagued by many quality issues????? The main problem here is that the phone fails big time to connect to the network and explains why it takes even most mobile pages 25 seconds to load past half way and then another 30 seconds for the full page to load. I've been on the phone with Sprint Technical support for almost and our and have tried out at least 4 different things and we are getting now where. The problem I see with the phone is that it takes a long time to connect to the server which has nothing to do with Sprints network but the poor antenna's in the phone maybe. We also did a speed test on Sprint.com/speedtest and the Ping = 498 dwnld = .20mbs and upld= .013 mbps. To make matters worse it actually took 2 minutes to complete each test in which we had to take 3 test. If the problem which is the only problem i'm encountering other than missing widgets persist i'm going to have to hang it up on this Sammy.. I refuse to be glamatized by a big beautiful screen and a superb camera...I must have fast connecting internet!!!!
Bla I don't like your post.
Calling a device poor = to the Epic 4G because data in your area stinks trying to pass it off as antenna fault - hardware.
There are Many many postings reporting side by side comparison GSII to have same or better data speed then previous device.
Maybe tower issue in your area....think of that? If CS told you it was sound they could be wrong that happens often.
Oh and missing widgets? What the heck , first posting Ive come across on such issue pretty left field.

Best bet ,
Go to photon don't start anymore cry threads

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

The problem is definitely not the phone. Maybe your phone in particular but this is not a shared experience.
If you are in an area with good coverage, the 3G speeds are decent. I load Engadget (full site not mobile) in about 7 seconds on 3G which isn't bad at all.

mpnalvin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Hmm... I'm sorry to hear that. My ET is at least 3x faster at loading web pages than my old Pre even on 3G. I wonder if it would be worth re-running the speedtest in the Sprint store to see if your phone is just defective. But if not, the Photon is really not a bad fallback option. Best of luck to you.

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I may have to go back to the Photon..I had the Photon as well and after the first update the browser speeds were faster than any other phone to date.. This Samsung is liken to the Palm Pre!!!

Lost the little crediblity you had, once you said this.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Hmm... I'm sorry to hear that. My ET is at least 3x faster at loading web pages than my old Pre even on 3G. I wonder if it would be worth re-running the speedtest in the Sprint store to see if your phone is just defective. But if not, the Photon is really not a bad fallback option. Best of luck to you.[/QUOT

Ok..I will take the phone back tomorrow though and try to see if it is the phone or the network..I believe its the phone because it hesitates horribly..No other phone has done this but the Evo3d

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

I kid you not though..Its taking my Facebook application 10 seconds to refresh..No joke. Take a look at this video at 9:27 and you will see the poor internet performance.. That almost renders the phone useless.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic Touch Video "Real Review" - YouTube
You have an interesting posting history pushing photon quite a bit....Some would say major Fanboy.
Dump the GSII epic...if you even own and go back home.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

You have an interesting posting history pushing photon quite a bit....Some would say major Fanboy.
Dump the GSII epic...if you even own and go back home.

You are correct..I am a fan of the almost perfect Photon..The only thing bothered me was the red hue in the screen. I took it back to make sure that the Epic touch was the best.. But with the radio issues on the ET im beggining to question this phone and Samsungs horrid reputation.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

You are correct..I am a fan of the almost perfect Photon..The only thing bothered me was the red hue in the screen. I took it back to make sure that the Epic touch was the best.. But with the radio issues on the ET im beggining to question this phone and Samsungs horrid reputation.

Well go back to 'almost perfect' the Best wasn't the best for you.

I'm going to step back now have a ball

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Well go back to 'almost perfect' the Best wasn't the best for you.

I'm going to step back now have a ball

I can't be the best because the attenna sucks or the radio..whatever is making the phone this slow when connecting to the internet..I mean what use is a smartphone when you cant stay connected to the internet..Look there are MANNNNNNY post about the sucky internet on this phone..All is great but the internet and audio quality. I'm no fan of any one manufacturer im a fan of well made and quality tested products. This one lacks so far in the above to categories. Oh and the audio recording quality is horrid as shown in many videos.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

I can't be the best because the attenna sucks or the radio..whatever is making the phone this slow when connecting to the internet..I mean what use is a smartphone when you cant stay connected to the internet..Look there are MANNNNNNY post about the sucky internet on this phone..All is great but the internet and audio quality. I'm no fan of any one manufacturer im a fan of well made and quality tested products. This one lacks so far in the above to categories. Oh and the audio recording quality is horrid as shown in many videos.
Your trolling simple as that.
There are post all over the web with Photon users crying data issues so that phone must be...as you say 'sucky'. I would disagree of course ,It could be tower , prl update or defective unit causing signal issue.
Your downing GS2E hardware posting nonsense looking silly....losing widgets , bad antenna , a stupid pimp daddy youtube review picking on facebook update delay & copy/pasting your post.
Give it up brah total fail on your part Photon forums want you back

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Your trolling simple as that.
There are post all over the web with Photon users crying data issues so that phone must be...as you say 'sucky'. I would disagree of course ,It could be tower , prl update or defective unit causing signal issue.
Your downing GS2E hardware posting nonsense looking silly....losing widgets , bad antenna , a stupid pimp daddy youtube review picking on facebook update delay.
Give it up brah total fail on your part Photon forums want you back

Did you read the OP..Ive talked with Sprint over an hour did 4-5 different things and it still connects to the network slowly..I'll report back when I get a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34