Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mpnalvin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default internet performance update!!!!

Ok folks ..a ticket was opened up for me last night and now it seems that internet slowness issue is fixed..at 630 this morning it seemed as if sprint had pushed a PRL update to my phone because ir updated by itself..what i did notice after when i did my speed test is that the application is now pulling from different towards 100 miles away and its not connecting to my home area..all in all the problem seems fixed..

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    Ok folks ..a ticket was opened up for me last night and now it seems that internet slowness issue is fixed..at 630 this morning it seemed as if sprint had pushed a PRL update to my phone because ir updated by itself..what i did notice after when i did my speed test is that the application is now pulling from different towards 100 miles away and its not connecting to my home area..all in all the problem seems fixed..
    What exactly did you tell them?? were you in a fringe area to begin with??

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

What prl do you have?
    Mine is 60681

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Default Re: internet performance update!!!!

glad it worked out for you.

My 3G speeds after prl update!!! Ok, im just goofing around. I just got a new prl update myself to the same one mentioned in the thread. Going to go out and about today to see if it helped any

Sent from my Sprint Eptouch 4G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails internet performance update!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1316531849473.png  

Quote Originally Posted by tkemack View Post
    What prl do you have?
    Mine is 60681

We need this answered

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    My 3G speeds after prl update!!! Ok, im just goofing around. I just got a new prl update myself to the same one mentioned in the thread. Going to go out and about today to see if it helped any

You're on WI-FI in the pic....
    Sprint Smartphones: HTC Touch to HTC Diamond to Palm Pre to HTC EVO 4g (returned within 30 days) to Samsung Epic 4g to Epic 4g Touch to Galaxy Note 2.

What prl do you have?
    Mine is 60681

Mine is saying 61081 now

Quote Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
    You're on WI-FI in the pic....
    Yes i know, if you read what i wrote you would know it was a joke. ;-)

I tested on 9/18 and 9/20. 9/20 was after a PRL update.

9/18 12:40a
    DL 18kbps
    UL 96kbps
    ping 940ms

9/18 8:34a
    DL 727kbps
    UL 404 kbps
    Ping 121ms

9/20 7:41a
    DL 1615 kbps
    UL 626 kbps
    Ping 91 ms

This is very good news. Hopefully some PRL updates will help some of you keep your phones until Sprint starts rolling out its network upgrades. We just need some reasonable data speeds to hold people over until then.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Sorry guys but I work grave yard and I sleep late ..to answer your question ..they opened a ticket for me because I stayed on with tech support trying multiple different things to better the connection. After none if it worked he created a trouble ticket for some network team to look into.. so early this morning an update pushes to my phone and now I'm getting 900kbps speeds.. I now have PRL 60681.. I guess Houston's network is under repair or upgrading or just plain clogged.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

I'm just north of you in the woodlands. Same prl pretty good speeds today

Sorry guys but I work grave yard and I sleep late ..to answer your question ..they opened a ticket for me because I stayed on with tech support trying multiple different things to better the connection. After none if it worked he created a trouble ticket for some network team to look into.. so early this morning an update pushes to my phone and now I'm getting 900kbps speeds.. I now have PRL 60681.. I guess Houston's network is under repair or upgrading or just plain clogged.
    Great news glad its working out for you.
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

This is after my updated firmware

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails internet performance update!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1316542815998.png  

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

I don't trust that app. Same spot 5 tests in a row, completely sporadic results

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    This is after my updated firmware

I'd suggest you do the same as I did.. call tech support and make them open a ticket
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

[QUOTE=tkemack;1277012]I don't trust that app. Same spot 5 tests in a row, completely sporadic results

Well what else is there to rely on?

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Cory Streater suggested this.

Do both the f16 and blue angel tests. Post scren shots

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Cory Streater suggested this.

Do both the f16 and blue angel tests. Post scren shots

Ok

I'm new to sprint. How do you find out which PRL number you are on and how to you go about updating it?
    nkd

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

click on settings, about phone and then status, you will have prl in there.

I think sprint is upgrading their network, it is terrible in my area too. I cant even load a page on 3g, just outright terrible. I have the same prl, it has nothing to do with prl, it is just spring doing something with their network. I have had that prl from day one.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

@chuck Run Settings, then go to About Phone.
    From there, you can find your PRL under Status, and upgrade it under System Updates.
    1BadHEMI likes this.

Im guessing this is pretty good?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails internet performance update!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1316547253241.png  

Hmmmmm

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails internet performance update!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1316547526009.png