How do you add email accounts to this phone?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
In the Email app, hit the button on the top left corner, which is your current account name, and then that gives you a screen where you can add more accounts.

this post nailed it for me. I was able to add a hotmail account (that I dont really use) to test it. Coming from webOS I wish there weren't so many context/screen sensitive menus and sub-menus in android but it is what it is. I'm learning. Thanks

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
In the Email app, hit the button on the top left corner, which is your current account name, and then that gives you a screen where you can add more accounts.

This post nailed it for me. Thanks! I was able to add a test hotmail account this way. Coming from webOS I just wish there weren't so many context / screen sensitive submenus in android but it is what it is. I'm learning.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm coming from WebOS and I can't for the life of me, figure out how to add an email account?

I go to 'Settings', then I go to 'Accounts and Sync', then I click on 'Add Account' but the my choices are 'Facebook', 'Twitter', 'Linkin', Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync' and finally 'Google'.

How do you just add a regular 'POP' mail, such as a live.com account or an aol account, etc.

I don't get it, it should be simple? What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Rob

PS So far Calander is horrible! I really hope I can get the mail going otherwise this has to go back!

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Applications > email. Setup there

Yeah, did that, there is no way from that to ADD and account?

When I go from the email app, to settings, all I get is 'general settings' and the first thing in there is
account name' which is is set for 'Gmail'.

I did setup my gmail account, I'm trying to ADD and additional account.

Rob

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I only use gmail. This is the screen I get when I open email

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I have about 4 email accounts that I use, all for different things.

And if this phone can only add Google email then it's not the phone for me.

Rob

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just showed you the screen to where you can add non Google accounts. Are you aware that there is a gmail app AND an email app? Email is where you should be

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I just showed you the screen to where you can add non Google accounts. Are you aware that there is a gmail app AND an email app? Email is where you should be

I think the problem he's having is once you setup gmail in the email app (not the gmail app) there doesn't seem to be a obvious way to add more accounts. I just jumped into it and I cant seem to find it.

edit: of course I only use gmail so I'm no digging real deep into this one

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Reading your posts here I realize what you are doing. You need to go directly to the "email" app to add a non Google account. Do not go to the accounts and sync page. After you set those 4 accounts up through the email app, they will then show up on accounts and sync

bluebo

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I have set up an aol account but when i go to synch it there is no option to do that, only google, samsung gmail or hotmail, any help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12