1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tips and Tricks

Let's start a thread to share some tip and tricks that may not be common knowledge. I'll start!

If you turn auto-brightness off, you can swipe your finger left and right along the status bar at the top of the screen to adjust your screen brightness.

Hold the home down for a list of your 6 most recently used Apps, and a button to enter your task manager

Enter LCD Test Mode by typing *#0*# into your dialer. Really nice for testing the colors on your screen and finding dead pixels.

Any others?

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Re: Tips and Tricks

Can someone please tell me how to change the icons at the bottom of the launcher. I want to change the messaging to handcent and put the internet icon on there.

Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by metroff1 View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to change the icons at the bottom of the launcher. I want to change the messaging to handcent and put the internet icon on there.

Thanks
    Enter your Application Drawer, hit menu button and select Edit. Hit okay on the box to change your grid view to "Customizable". Then hold on the app from the app drawer you want and drag it down to dock bar, and hover it over the one you want to replace.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

I posted in another thread, but I will here as well.

When in contact list or messages conversation view, you can swipe to the left and it will go to messages...swipe to the right and it calls that contact

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

You know, when I started this thread I didn't even notice that Milo had "tips and tricks" as part of a sticky post at the top of the forum. As much as I'm on these forums, you'd think I would have had the stickies memorized by now.

Meh ... mods feel free to merge this thread into the sticky if you think it makes sense.

/dummymode off

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Enter your Application Drawer, hit menu button and select Edit. Hit okay on the box to change your grid view to "Customizable". Then hold on the app from the app drawer you want and drag it down to dock bar, and hover it over the one you want to replace.
    Thanks!!!