Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Unlock Screen Lag?

So when I hit the power button to turn on the screen it literally takes nearly 2 seconds for my lock screen to pop up. I've had the phone since Saturday but I didn't notice the lag until yesterday...maybe it's been like that all along and I just didn't realize it. I've power cycled the phone just to be sure I didn't have a resource issue.

So, is this normal and if not anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Default Re: Unlock Screen Lag?

same, i dunno didnt really care

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

I see the same thing NOW that i read this thread thanks lol No but i do see what you mean. its not that bad but shouldn't take that lng either. When your lock screen does tun on its responsive though right? when mine lights up it unlock quickly for me.

Yup same here. kinda annoying, like the lock screen itself.

It's the side effect of a power saving measure.

Thank God I found this thread, I'm kind of concerned, because when I really need to do something then this babe behaves like that lol. I thought it was just my phone, I even went to a sprint store to check that out and the little devil didn't do it over there, so there was no problem. But I do see it takes like 2segs to unlock sometimes. I noticed when I'm using the music player it doesn't do it. I don't know why, I did the regular reset and the one you use your msl. Still doing it!

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

It's because the phone goes into a sleep type mode when it's not being used, I would assume for battery confirmation.
    wase4711 likes this.
    Nic

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I believe it has to do with having an sd card. I have the same 2 sec lag with the card installed. No lag when I remove the card.

funny!!!.. i tried that couple of days ago, i dont remember what was the result. i got mine the first day, i opened the store and buy the first one, literally lol... anyways... when i removed the sd the unlock is smoother, probably there will be an update to fix that bug sooooonnn! im crazy with storage space, thats why! : )

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst with LoStKernel

I think it's most likely a power save feature. When I'm charging I don't get that lag. When it's unplugged it does take 1.5-2 seconds to turn on. If it's turned off then wait a couple seconds and turned back on no lag. Must be a power save after 5 or so seconds with the screen off.

EDIT:
    Definitely the external SD being mounted.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Sprint customer since 2000

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Yup, drives me a bit batty as well. I also notice a long lag on the proximity sensor. Between the time I take the phone away form my ear and the screen lights up. Both of these were almost instantaneous on my Evo.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicsneed View Post
    I believe it has to do with having an sd card. I have the same 2 sec lag with the card installed. No lag when I remove the card.
    I think you hit it...took my sd card out and the phone unlocks much faster now!

Received SD card a little over a week ago - 16GB Transcend class 6.
    Before putting in device I started fresh did factory reset installed card and experienced 2-3 second device wake up lag.
    I took card out many times battery pulls this that everything to make lag go away but failed so I left card out.

Well Today I gave it another shot having positive results.
    I let device go into sleep installed card and haven't experienced any wake up lag It has EVO wake up speed now.

What could of fixed lag issue ?
    Last week when trying to make lag go away I went into settings (Unmount SD card) before pulling card out for the last time.
    From that point I threw card across the room gave up until today lol

So I'm thinking Unmount SD cards was the fix.
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    So I'm thinking Unmount SD cards was the fix.
    Can others try this and report back? I've been lazy about buying a SD card because I haven't really needed one yet, but it would be nice to have a potential fix for the issue before I do.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Can others try this and report back? I've been lazy about buying a SD card because I haven't really needed one yet, but it would be nice to have a potential fix for the issue before I do.
    yeah yeah anyone having issue please try.
    If it works I will get my name mentioned in Android Central headline

But no I think that's what fixed lag...I'm sure it wasn't from card being thrown across the room but who knows give that a try to

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I've noticed it has to do with having an SD card installed and the phone is reading the information from there.

a friend of mine and I both have this phone and I pulled my SD card out and he left his in and without it was instant, with there was a slight delay.

not concerned to much from my standpoint
    Sprint employee // Gadget Dude // Product Ambassador | Experience with Android

Ive been enjoying EVO wake up speed today but had to test power off to make sure it stayed put after power on card sync.
    Speed is still alive

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I noticed mine started lagging a bit since I put the 32gb microsd card. Glad to hear it's nothing major

Unmounting the SD card seem to fix my lock screen lag problem. Thx.

Unmounting the SD only temporary fixes the lag problem. Within 30 minutes the lag problem is back.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by methoderik View Post
    Yup same here. kinda annoying, like the lock screen itself.
    Download "No Lock". Gets rid of the lock screen.

I don't even understand what the lock screen is for. Is it to prevent **** dialing when the phone is in your pocket? Considering the only way to turn this phone on is that tiny button on the side, which requires a decent amount of pressure to do so, I can't imagine it ever turning on accidentally.
    dm3ready likes this.

If any one has noticed this lag occurs when an sd card is installed tested it on four s2s same results

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst with LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Ks2332 View Post
    If any one has noticed this lag occurs when an sd card is installed tested it on four s2s same results
    That's what we've come to the conclusion in this thread.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Sprint customer since 2000

The lag (2 sec) when pushing the power button on my htc sensation dissolved by doing the following:
    go to settings - about phone - notify htc (manufacturer). by ticking this off lag was gone!

ROM
    Stock Rooted EL29

Whoa, return of the living dead lol

Trolling from my Cricket-flashed Galaxy S2 E4GT using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast