LED Notifications stop working

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

My LED Notification seems to have stop working... If I plug in my phone to the charger, I don't see the red LED light up.. Nor does it turn blue when it has completed charging.

I will say that it did work.. But now it seems to have stopped for whatever reason. Missed phone calls, text messages, voicemails or emails, none of them are triggering the LED.

The only fix I have seen thus far is to reboot the phone. Upon turning it back on, I can see the blue LED light up momentarily as the phone is booting. The notifications seem to work, but only for awhile before they stop working again.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Menu > settings > display > notification light

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

My LED Notification seems to have stop working... If I plug in my phone to the charger, I don't see the red LED light up.. Nor does it turn blue when it has completed charging.

I will say that it did work.. But now it seems to have stopped for whatever reason. Missed phone calls, text messages, voicemails or emails, none of them are triggering the LED.

The only fix I have seen thus far is to reboot the phone. Upon turning it back on, I can see the blue LED light up momentarily as the phone is booting. The notifications seem to work, but only for awhile before they stop working again.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

This has happen to me atleast twice already. I go & plug in the phone & the led light does not illuminate, after a reboot all is well again.. Very frustrating ..

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Menu > settings > display > notification light

It's set to enabled.... I'm starting to think there is something that's killing off the LED process/service.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a task killer or something like juice defender?

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a task killer or something like juice defender?

I don't use juice defender. There is a task manager that comes on the phone by default, but I haven't ever used it.

Correction:Task manager not killer

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone 4 days. Today I noticed the red charging light goes off after while. Not sure why. Don't see the blue light either when it is fully charged. Email, calendar appts, texts, etc. aren't showing the LED either. Sometimes I get intermittent notification sounds for some apps. Is my phone defective? Hate that I only have 14 days to exchange or return the phone.

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen too (owned the phone 7 days). I did a factory reset (for reasons unrelated to the led) but as a result the notification light is working perfectly again. I noticed it happened to mine after I installed widget locker and Missed It! so that I could customize the lock screen. Ultimately though, I'm not 100% sure either was the cause.

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
just an update (a few days after my factory reset) - The red notification/charging light still works, but now I'm not getting the blue "charged" light at all. Tried rebooting the phone/batt pull and that didn't work. Very strange.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
All of my email accounts have both the notification sound and the LED light enabled. I am noticing too that My 2 Gmail accounts do not play the notification sound when new mail is received and the LED does not flash. And the unread mail count doesn't always register on the account screen.

josh3212

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got this phone yesterday and my LED notification's don't work either. Are you guys still experiencing this? Ever find a fix? The only way I can get it to work is via handcent, and that's just a solid blue light.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think if they stopped working, maybe it's because they think they are entitled to unemployment benefits because of', ya know, our liberal president.

anon(376224)

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing sort of the same issue. Although my LED works while charging, changes to blue upon full charge, flashes red when I miss a call or SMS, it does not come on at all for missed calendar events/appointments. Any idea how to fix this yet??

anon(376224)

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

greedkillingz

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S" with Android 4.1.2 and i have no indication / Warning led's at all
Not on messages/ notifications or charging.

Did do a full factiory reset but no joy :(

Anyone have a fix for this issue ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke