How to Customize the Epic 4G Touch Lock Screen

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
attachment.php
attachment.php
To customize the lock screen on other phones can mean needing to root the phone or install third-party software. Samsung has made it easy to customize the Galaxy S II Series right out of the box.

By moving the clock to the Middle or Top positions, message pop-up show on the bottom of the screen where they are easier to slide. In this example on the right, the lock screen clock position has been changed to middle:
Home > Menu > Settings > Display > Screen Display > Lock screen > Clock Position > Middle

The Galaxy S II Series has a number of wallpapers but few will be available unless you know the trick. First you will need some wallpaper to choose from. To get you started, here are the SGS2 wallpapers to download and unzip to your computer: Epic 4G Touch Wallpaper 1 (thanks Jerry!) and Epic 4G Touch Wallpaper 2.

The example to the right above shows that the owner's name and phone number have been added to the lock screen wallpaper. You can use a free windows program like paint.net to add your text. This way someone could call your home or office number and return the phone if it is found.

To copy wallpaper to your phone, the steps in the Getting Started section on
Putting Music, Photos, Movies, Wallpaper and Documents on your phone
1. Connect your phone to your PC with your USB cable.
2. Swipe down the top notifications bar.
3. Click on USB Connected > Connect USB storage.
4. When your phone pops up on your PC as a new USB drive, go into file explorer (In windows, right-click Start the click Explore). If you have a microSD card and internal memory, your phone might show up as two different drives, for instance F: and G:.
5. In windows, right-click Start the click Explore.
6. Create a folder called "Wallpaper" on your phone if it's not already there.
7. Drag and drop files to your phone's "wallpaper" folder.
8. When done, right click on the phone drive letter and click "Eject" & disconnect.
9. Reboot the phone so that it will find the new files: Long-press Power to turn off then press power to turn back on.

To use your own wallpaper on your Lock screen: Tap Home > Menu > Settings > Display > Screen Display > Lock screen Wallpaper > Gallery > Gallery

See Also
Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorials
25 Reasons to Consider the Epic 4G Touch
Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard
30+ Hours Battery Life
The Expanded Clipboard is Epic!
Customize the Lock Screen
The Magic of App Folders
Increase Your Data Speeds
Change "Pure" Android Without Rooting
Getting Started - Shows 500 other features, tips, and tricks.
Phone Comparison

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

slamEVIL

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
thanks for this. i didn't like how the message slider was in the middle; so by moving the clock to the middle, the message slider is now on the bottom! :D

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks for this. i didn't like how the message slider was in the middle; so by moving the clock to the middle, the message slider is now on the bottom! :D
Great point!

I added thisx to the opening post:
By moving the clock to the Middle or Top positions, message pop-up show on the bottom of the screen where they are easier to slide.

shredtacular

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I get adding a folder called Wallpaper adds the pics to your "gallery". But how do you add it to the "Wallpapers" option when selecting a wallpaper in the display settings? I see Gallery, ID wallpapers, Live wallpapers, Wallpaper gallery, and Wallpapers. Where are these folders on the phone? I did a search in Win Explorer and can't find any of those folder names or any pictures... When I created a folder called "Wallpaper" on the root of the phone's drive it added my wallpaper pics to the Gallery, where all my photos that it downloaded from my google/picasa account are.

What is the difference between Wallpaper gallery, Wallpapers, and ID wallpapers?

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I get adding a folder called Wallpaper adds the pics to your "gallery". But how do you add it to the "Wallpapers" option when selecting a wallpaper in the display settings? I see Gallery, ID wallpapers, Live wallpapers, Wallpaper gallery, and Wallpapers. Where are these folders on the phone? I did a search in Win Explorer and can't find any of those folder names or any pictures... When I created a folder called "Wallpaper" on the root of the phone's drive it added my wallpaper pics to the Gallery, where all my photos that it downloaded from my google/picasa account are.

What is the difference between Wallpaper gallery, Wallpapers, and ID wallpapers?
You have lots of places that wallpaper is stored but when adding the lock screen wallpaper, you only get two options Wallpaper gallery and Gallery.

I will add a step:
9. Reboot the phone so that it will find the new files: Long-press Power to turn off then press power to turn back on.

To use your own wallpaper on your Lock screen: Tap Home > Menu > Settings > Display > Screen Display > Lock screen Wallpaper > Gallery > Gallery

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
A good way say u have a picture that is not re sizable to it FULL capacity and doesn't cover the entire picture even if u try to resize it...I tried saving on computer 960X800 and it still didnt cover whole photo..so I did a screen shot of the photo then I set it as a wallpaper and it now fills the ENTIRE screen !

indratjahjono

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
To customize the lock screen on other phones can mean needing to root the phone or install third-party software. Samsung has made it easy to customize the Galaxy S II Series right out of the box.

By moving the clock to the Middle or Top positions, message pop-up show on the bottom of the screen where they are easier to slide. In this example on the right, the lock screen clock position has been changed to middle:
Home > Menu > Settings > Display > Screen Display > Lock screen > Clock Position > Middle

The Galaxy S II Series has a number of wallpapers but few will be available unless you know the trick. First you will need some wallpaper to choose from. To get you started, here are the SGS2 wallpapers to download and unzip to your computer: Epic 4G Touch Wallpaper 1 (thanks Jerry!) and Epic 4G Touch Wallpaper 2.

The example to the right above shows that the owner's name and phone number have been added to the lock screen wallpaper. You can use a free windows program like paint.net to add your text. This way someone could call your home or office number and return the phone if it is found.

To copy wallpaper to your phone, the steps in the Getting Started section on
Putting Music, Photos, Movies, Wallpaper and Documents on your phone
1. Connect your phone to your PC with your USB cable.
2. Swipe down the top notifications bar.
3. Click on USB Connected > Connect USB storage.
4. When your phone pops up on your PC as a new USB drive, go into file explorer (In windows, right-click Start the click Explore). If you have a microSD card and internal memory, your phone might show up as two different drives, for instance F: and G:.
5. In windows, right-click Start the click Explore.
6. Create a folder called "Wallpaper" on your phone if it's not already there.
7. Drag and drop files to your phone's "wallpaper" folder.
8. When done, right click on the phone drive letter and click "Eject" & disconnect.

See Also
? Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorials
? 25 Reasons to Consider the Epic 4G Touch
? Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard
? 30+ Hours Battery Life
? The Expanded Clipboard is Epic!
? Customize the Lock Screen
? The Magic of App Folders
? Increase Your Data Speeds
? Change "Pure" Android Without Rooting
? Getting Started - Shows 500 other features, tips, and tricks.
? Phone Comparison

Both links to the wallpaper are dead. Is there any other link that I can download the wallpaper?

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You know what's even better than this...disabling the lock screen altogether...the lock screen is a waste of time and programming and (to me) has no purpose other than being one more step to get into the phone.

Download "No Lock" from the play store today!!!

(I am in no way associated with the dev for No Lock...other than it's simply brilliant and should be used)

acadialover

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
am I the only person who has a mac and decided to switch to the Epic 4g ??
Love all these tips, w:cool:ould love to get the instructions for the mac, as I am a newbie with the smartphone