Wow, I am a believer!

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the samsung galaxy S at the sprint store to try out for next 2 weeks. I love my nexus s and was torn about giving it up. but I think i can start to like touchwiz.

Touchwiz is a really good UI system. My only grip is customizing the 4 icons and adding a app drawer like stock ginger bread (if it had that, it would perfect!). Using launcher pro can solve that but I lose some of cool things touchwiz brings.

Okay back to the phone. So with my voodoo color profile, my nexus s can compete with the super amoled plus, i showed both two 8 people and they can't tell the difference. Where it shine was the size of teh screen. HOLY MOLY!!! i can't go back to my 4inch. It's so easy to read twitter pages, facebook, text. I was super productive. I was shocked!!!!

The phone itself is SUPER FAST. I went to market and started downloading everything and it didn't budge . the phone was like THAT's IT?..MORE!!!!! The video and camera is great with AMAZING LOW LIGHT capability. The internet browsing was like my iphone again. I love that i can change the font to cartoon. The default messaging app is fine. The 7 home screens is better to the nexus s's 5. And i just beat the crap out of it for 4 hours and the battery finally drained. I was installing, uploading, tweeting, texting, watching movies.

I can't wait for tommorrow to see how my battery will hold. I'm a widget freak so I'm gonna make this thing stutter....I have to believe that it was the usage that caused my nexus s to crawl.

the only disadvantage so far is that I think the nexus s fits better in my hands (asian hands). With the EPIC touch, its hard to do anything without two hands, its like a mini tablet. Also, no NFC for google wallet.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
the only disadvantage so far is that I think the nexus s fits better in my hands (asian hands). With the EPIC touch, its hard to do anything without two hands, its like a mini tablet. Also, no NFC for google wallet.

Welcome to the party! I've gotten used to doing a lot of things one handed on this device. I've set up many of my homes creens with icons and widgets towards the bottom if I can, so I can reach them with my thumb. Glad you're liking it!

iSlackerz

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Touchwiz is a really good UI system. My only grip is customizing the 4 icons and adding a app drawer like stock ginger bread (if it had that, it would perfect!).

You can customize the icons at the bottom. Simply tap on Applications > tap the Menu button > tap Edit then simply drag whichever app you like to the bottom and release. Tap back to exit 'Edit' mode and you're done.

Looks like you only have 1 gripe left! :)

Reactions: IIJBII

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
.... Also, no NFC for google wallet.

i also didn't want to give up NFC, It was actually the SINGLE most feature i was excited about on AT&T's version i was looking fwd to, as i started noticing tons of Speed Pass terminals everywhere i shopped, but with EVERYTHING i am reading about the Google security concerns, and then the things i am reading about AT&T's issues with Google Wallet, and the fact they are saying it might come with the NFC chip but AT&T might disable it, it just seemed like it was going to be very frustrating trying to get that feature up and running right now.... The technology may be ready, but all the red tape just doesn't seem to be "ironed out quite yet"....

BTC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn