Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

I need all the settings in extensions i tried resetting that did no help. I messed around with all the settins in extensions including unmentioned settings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Juan Too Big Perez
    DJ2BIG.COM

Default Re: How to Increase Sprint Epic 4G Touch 3G & 4G Data Speeds

I did these changes successfully but did not notice much difference.
    My 4G would disable and require a reboot to enable.
    I thought maybe this was related so tried to restore factory settings.
    BUT my MSL code doesn't show like it did when I get prop ril.MSL.
    Just shows prompt again.
    Anyone?
    TIA

3g became really sluggish when testing, went back to original settings.

hopefully the new update were getting probably next month fixes los and data issuess

AWESOME! More than doubled by data speeds! Kudos Milo!

my 3g went from roughly 1mgeg to 1.6-1.7Mbps..........but 4g went from roughly 2m down to 1.1-1.3??

Thanks. This made my upload speed 2x better but my download speeds were lowered to around 600-800. but the improvement of my upload speed made browsing much much much better and more consistent

727 dl 410up

Gave it a try and speeds seem better on 3g but they still aren't good (.09Mbps down and .03Mbps up).

I tried entering getprop ril.MSL on the black screen on my stock EVO 4G, but it didn't do anything. Will this not work on an EVO?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

Quote Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
    I tried entering getprop ril.MSL on the black screen on my stock EVO 4G, but it didn't do anything. Will this not work on an EVO?
    Yes, I did this on my EVO 4G.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
    Android4life

So below is the results of my testing after I made the said changes. I noticed a difference right away. However, the first results were done when I was at home, where I use an Airave unit. Once I went outside the unit, my results were garbage. I am going back to default, because I don't need a difference at home, I need it outside of my home where I use my phone data connection most. I retested when I got home, and the speeds went up again as soon as I was on the Airave connection again. Any idea why this happened?

Last edited by fofjjsr; 01-10-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

4g speeds improved but not so much for 3g.
    Android4life

So with my settings back to default my connection outside my Airave is still garbage. So it looks like I should have been running speed tests before. :-( any suggestions?

Edit: Ran the speed test in another area and got results almost as good as on the Airave. Looks like I was just in a bad area.
    Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5

Well I gave it a shot, however my upload and download speeds dropped by about 75% after doing this. As soon as I put back the default values they increased back to normal. Was worth a try!

Edit:

Played around with a lot more tests on both settings and my conclusion is that the Sprint network is just so damn inconsistent. Tests done over a 20 minute period from the same location ranged in scores from a low of around 100kbs to as much as 1.3mbs. Crazy! This was all based on 3g.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

So this update seems to have a great effect in delivering superior download speeds...but I am inconclusive on what it does to my upload speed. I'm leaning towards about the same if not slower upload speeds. Anyone else agree with that? Tested speeds on 4G

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    Last edited by ctbearz; 01-27-2012 at 06:04 PM.

I'm not necessarily saying that this doesn't work, but in my case, my 3G Data speeds dropped by more than half. I was averaging 150-250kb/s (over 5 tests) and after doing this I'm getting between 40-100kb/s (over 5 tests). I'm sitting in the exact same spot and this has been the only change..
    Hopefully it's just a lag in Sprint's service and it might get better later.

Will this work on the Nexus S 4G possibly?

is it possible to do a similar trick for iPhone that is running of Sprint network?

Worked for me.. went from 710-1046 kbps. But can't try out 4g since we don't that coverage in our city..thanks

Worked for me too on my Epic 4G Touch. Before was getting <20 kbs now getting 500-1000 kbs. Sprint 3G is useable again! Thanks! Cant test on 4G as there is no 4G network in my area. Thanks again. Anyone know if this would work on Nexus S 4G?

Wow!!! Both 3G and 4G speeds increased, but 4G went up significantly. I was able to obtain speeds of 1000+ in Kbps in uploads and average of 3880 Kbps on downloads. Keeper!!!!

I wished this worked for me. It would be amazing. No such luck here.

Everything works but when I go to change my settings I enter in all the values i.e. 0.0.0.0 and it wont actually change. I enter them all and press back to go to home, do it all over again and the values are always the stock ones. I click on them and they show the new values but as soon as I click ok and view them all they are the stock settings. What am I doing wrong?

Didn't work for me. It actually cut my speeds in half. I ran multiple speed tests stock and modified and it was 50% less every time. Any thoughts?
    I'm in Gilbert, AZ

I did these same settings and it didnt do anything. At least not as far as i can tell. I am not in a very good signal area right now to be able to test it.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #125  

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    I did these same settings and it didnt do anything. At least not as far as i can tell. I am not in a very good signal area right now to be able to test it.
    It is a strange thing. For many, it works like a charm. For others nothing. And for others it actually reduces signal.

Just try it and see if it helps you.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast