Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2, Mango

Default Re: How to Increase Sprint Epic 4G Touch 3G & 4G Data Speeds

Just got this phone. I love it but it's a huge shame and disappointment that Sprints 3G speeds are so terrible...I average 50kbps down, no more than 500kbps down EVER. I'm probably returning it on Monday, as this didn't help and I'm not sure what else to do...
    truthteller10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    I just tried to do this and I get "Modem error Modem exception occurs" and my only option is "YES" and it takes me back to the View/Edit screen. What have I done wrong?
    Anybody have an answer for this? I searched and didn't see one and I'm having the exact same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Regular_P View Post
    Anybody have an answer for this? I searched and didn't see one and I'm having the exact same problem.
    As am I

hey im stuck on the part that comes after getting the MSL via conntectbot, where is this "phone icon ##3282#" that is stated?

Quote Originally Posted by wizholt7 View Post
    Idk if this has already been stated, cuz I don't want to read through all 14 pages, but renaming the values to 0 didn't work for me (was only getting 50kbps d/l), however, clearing all the values and leaving them blank pushed it up to ~250kbps which is good for my area lol
    This worked for me...I'm in Irvine, Ca.

Data speeds are roughly the same but more consistent.

I tried this on my phone and I could barely download an app. When I returned the settings back to the original way I was able to resume downloading...

This is freaking amazing I went from 3-4 mbps download over wifi to 14-16 mbps. Thanks great article.

Quote Originally Posted by jlake6 View Post
    hey im stuck on the part that comes after getting the MSL via conntectbot, where is this "phone icon ##3282#" that is stated?
    it is not an icon. you type it in the keypad of the phone app.

amazing. Thank you! worke on Galaxy 2 s

how do you keep it on a different server if the nearest one isn't the fastest?

I take that back it worked until this morning back to really slow againnnnn!

thank you for this.. it definitely boosted my speeds

Thanks for bumping this. I performed this mod on my pre-TEP S2, but I forgot about it on my replacement. My 3G speeds at work are slower (240 down to 90) but the latency plummeted from 520ms to 90ms. So it's at least usable for lower bandwidth stuff.

Thank you for this thread. Normally I just stay connected to WiFi when I can to save battery and have better speeds, but while on campus and going through buildings I lose it from time to time.

That being said, my speeds at work didn't alter too much. I usually range from 2-4 bars while at work and somewhere around 41kb/s down and 70kb/s up. Not solid speeds at all. Made the switch and seem to have better higher download speeds but slower upload and lower latency.
    Thanked by:

Can this be doe on ICS 4.0? I updated this morningt o 4.0, but still slow as crap...

I did the changes on ICS.

I cant get my msl and im sure ive been doing this right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Increase Sprint Epic 4G Touch 3G & 4G Data Speeds-screenshot_2012-11-16-19-31-34.png  

Quote Originally Posted by isidro7181 View Post
    I cant get my msl and im sure ive been doing this right
    Ditto. Any suggestions?

Upgrading to Jellybean seems to prevent that app from getting the MSL. Best bet is to call Sprint and tell them that none of your friends receive your picture mails.

So have any of you actually had any real improvement from doing this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Guian View Post
    Ditto. Any suggestions?
    I used an app called "Get My MSL" in the play store a minute ago and it worked fine. I'm rooted on JB

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Type "su" (no quotes),
    hit enter (should see # instead of $ at this point),
    then type "getprop ril.MSL" (again no quotes).

after I opened connectbot and entered getprop irl.MSL I got a message saying "no host connected." ani ideas or advice?

My MSL seems to be missing. I can't find it anyware (even with the 'get my MSL' app). Any suggestions?

Get Alogcat from the play store and install it, then go to phone screen after installing and enter data mode (##3282#) then hit edit and enter anything into the MSL field, then quickly switch to the Alogcat app and pause it, filter the log for "MSL" (no quotes) and in the log each wrong attempt at the MSL will be logged with the correct MSL shown in the parenthesis.
    Thanked by:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast