hmm lag or slowing down

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i am about to be an owner of one of these monsters here in the next couple of days and was wondering if in the time that this phone has been out and you guys have had time to load it up with apps home replacement launchers and such if u have noticed any lag or slowing down of any kind??? i know in a lot of reviews i have read ppl have been blown away because of how fast this phone is but my gf has the original galaxy s on tmobile and it has a pretty good amount of lag when jumping between processes and this being my first samsung device i was wondering if it would behave the same?? so what do u guys have to say about overall performance after having this device for a little while?/

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Lag is the absolute last thing you should be worried about with this phone. It is absolutely blazing fast and there is no lag whatsoever in anything you do. Even the camera loads almost instantly, and the fluidity and speed of the screen movement/navigation is incredible. I have seen very very few issues with the speed/lag issues with the galaxy itself with other people, and they seem to be isolated incidents. Don't let your gf's experience affect your purchase and get this beast of a phone. You won't regret it ;)

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
To be honest after you use the phone for some time you will begin to notice lag or slow down. This is Android period and it will have some lag. You will have people state that there is NO lag but that simply isn't the case. You might not get any lag scrolling side to side on the application page but when you are running 2 or more applications and switching from app to app there will be lag or slowdown. This is my honest opinion and I plan to make a video showing the negatives of the phone as well very soon and do some comparisons. But also it matters on how you use the phone and i use mind alot.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
dguidry12 part of that could be the "got used to the speed" effect. Sort of like driveing on a stretch of road that is 75 mph then having to drop down to 55 mph. You feel like you are crawling at 35 mph.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Only spots I have noticed any lag is scrolling through the bookmarks for the browser and unlocking the homescreen which is strange because even flash heavy browsing doesnt have any noticable framerate drops or lag. TBH my ipad lags more in day to day use. By far the least laggy device I have laid my hands on.