Interesting Item Found Out

ls108

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Shortly after 3P EST. My Epic 4G Touch started to do the roaming alert thing for about 30 mins. So after fooling around in the settings I went into the menu to switch the roaming setting from Automatic to Sprint Only it was a slight signal boost for what it was worth and the Roam alerts stopped within 5 mins. Just something that might be of Value to folks here for what its worth!

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but its a d*&* shame that users have to go through so much of tweeking this or that just to make a phone work as it should.. The radios in this thing are GARBAGE!!

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep That happens. When Sprint and I'm sure other carriers stopped giving 3 options this is the result. There really needs to be a roam only option (without rooting) for when we are in fringe areas. The automatic just drains the battery because of switching back and forth. I know in the Pre there was a patch that would give that option. Looked for an app but from what I have found there is one but only works on rooted phones. Will continue to look.

ETA: On HTC no root for that app but all others root is required. It cost $3.99 but that's not a bad price. Just don't want to root just to force roam.

Last edited:

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if set to automatic it is searching for both at the same time. I set mine to Sprint also when someone else mentioned this in another thread.. AND NO this radios are not garbage... Could just be an update fix... This is a result when you are first to market and first to purchase a new phone... And on every phone for android people have to tweak it for some reason or another. Its called having an android phone... I would like to know what android phone out their is perfect with no problems and no one has to tweak to get it running better? Please tell me so maybe we can contact the carrier to please give you this phone for free so you can be happy....:p

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but its a d*&* shame that users have to go through so much of tweeking this or that just to make a phone work as it should.. The radios in this thing are GARBAGE!!

apple boy, just FYI , this phone has a far better EVERYTHING then your phone. go away

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Do you have this phone? If you do I suggest you take it back, if you dont I suggest you quit trolling the forum because your negative attitude SUCKS