Battery Drain for No Reason

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing a battery drain for no reason.. Im doing some test here at work and at 1702 I had 61% battery life remaining. And at 1730 I am at 56%. I have background data turned off and I have not touched the phone only to check the battery level and I closed ALL apps using the the task manager.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
<music> I'm the grumpy old troll, who lives under the bridge...... If you want to come over, all you have to do it this.... All you have to do is this <music>

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing a battery drain for no reason.. Im doing some test here at work and at 1702 I had 61% battery life remaining. And at 1730 I am at 56%. I have background data turned off and I have not touched the phone only to check the battery level and I closed ALL apps using the the task manager.
5% in 28 minutes is bad.

Would you try the steps in the 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You Go?

In particular, would you let us see your battery usage screen?

What widgets are you using?
What apps?
What do you sync? How often? Have you tried turning off all automatic syncs?
What are your signal strengths?
Are you on WiFi?
Is 4G on?
What are your Menu>Settings>Power saving mode power management settings?

You have a battery sucker running that is killing you. When my Epic 4G Touch is just on but I am not using it, it loses at most 1% an hour even if I am getting a lot of emails, etc.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
He's never provided a single screen shot. Has never shown us his supposed crappy signal or his crappy battery

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
5% in 28 minutes is bad.

Would you try the steps in the 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You Go?

In particular, would you let us see your battery usage screen?

What widgets are you using?
What apps?
What do you sync? How often? Have you tried turning off all automatic syncs?
What are your signal strengths?
Are you on WiFi?
Is 4G on?
What are your Menu>Settings>Power saving mode power management settings?

You have a battery sucker running that is killing you. When my Epic 4G Touch is just on but I am not using it, it loses at most 1% an hour even if I am getting a lot of emails, etc.

I will try those tricks..

tronthedon

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

I suffer from the same problem. It's probably this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/120447-android-os-over-60-a.html

[GUIDE] SGSII Epic 4G Touch New User Guide - Look Here First! (Updated 9/25) - xda-developers
Scroll down to "Known Device Issues & Complaints." And I don't think most of the solutions actually work unless you get lucky.

SkyMedic

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have crappy battery life too... I downloaded Juice Defender and that seems to have helped a great deal today. I finished charging about an hour ago, have done some texting and email checking and only down to 99%! Best I've gotten so far! Also folowed a lot of the advice in the link above (30+ hours...) and think that helped a lot also. (I think my sync was my biggest battery killer). Read the link! Good luck! :)

jazzmanx33

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have crappy battery life too... I downloaded Juice Defender and that seems to have helped a great deal today. I finished charging about an hour ago, have done some texting and email checking and only down to 99%! Best I've gotten so far! Also folowed a lot of the advice in the link above (30+ hours...) and think that helped a lot also. (I think my sync was my biggest battery killer). Read the link! Good luck! :)

No offense, but if sync was the issue, that's a terrible flaw in how Android and Google sync accounts. Having a smart phone should enable you to have access to your email, and disabling that would remove a huge benefit to having said smartphone, at least for me.

I personally have 2 email accounts that are pushing, and all other sync services are set to at least 3 hour intervals, and I STILL have times where I lose 5% every 30 minutes while the phone is seemingly asleep in my pocket...

Aspiring Developer

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've just finished my assessment of a drain problem I encountered recently. Installed Amazon Kindle and my battery life was cut in half. The problem? SYNC was always on. WTF? Uninstalled kindle and battery life was back to normal. Reinstalled, and battery sucked again. Literally 50% life out of my battery. Instead of my usual 2 days on my 3200mAh seidio I was lucky to get one day. I like the kindle app, but I'll save it for my desktop til they fix this.