Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default K9 Email App

Is anyone using the K9 email app instead of the stock email app? If so, does it work well on the 4G Touch? Anyone using K9 that had negative experience? Thanks.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
    Is anyone using the K9 email app instead of the stock email app? If so, does it work well on the 4G Touch? Anyone using K9 that had negative experience? Thanks.
    I'm using it and it works fine.

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default Re: K9 Email App

Switched day one and I had never used it previously...works fine.

Nothing is as nice as the email app in my old EVO4G with the Synergy ROM...if I could have that I'd be happy as can be but K9 is fine.

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I installed it, set it up, and after 2 days, uninstalled it. Had read great things about it, but I don't find it that intuitive. I'm using the stock email app for my Yahoo (and it pushes, without a Plus acct, so there you go) and downloaded a GMail app for my other email accounts. For now, this set-up works out okay for me.

I may next try MailDroid (free) and upgrade to Pro if it's good (though it's $17.99!!)

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have been using K9 for months, and it works great.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks everyone. I downloaded K9 and like it sooo much better than the stock app. The account settings offer a lot of customizing. Have a question though...how do I make the sent, outbox, trash and draft folders show in the folder section? All I see is the inbox folder in folders.

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Has anyone gotten K9 to work with hotmail for push notifications?