Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slwatts
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default Time Duration Change to Swipe Lockscreen Before Screen Turns Off?

I'm thinking there may be a setting somewhere whereby you could change the time the screen stays lit after hitting the power button before you actually swipe the lock screen?

Default Re: Time Duration Change to Swipe Lockscreen Before Screen Turns

Not that I've found. Kinda sucks. I'd like the timeout to be a bit longer.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

This is a very annoying aspect of this phone. Any app suggestions to overcome this usability issue without compromising security!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Time Duration Change to Swipe Lockscreen Before Screen Turns

Quote Originally Posted by naybag View Post
    This is a very annoying aspect of this phone. Any app suggestions to overcome this usability issue without compromising security!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

it used to drive me crazy too but then i "synchronized my thinking to my phone", and now, i never hit the power button UNTIL im ready to swipe away the black screen, and i never get the "annoying black screen"...

The reason it only stays lit for 5 seconds is because it assumes once you hit the power button, you dint need more than 5 seconds to "slide the screen" it really is a power saving featureif you use it as designed, which is why there is no option to lengthen it.

I also didnt like The NoLock app cuz i think a lockscreen is essential to your device : )

BTC