Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default Youtube updates and preformance

i tried to search the forums to find this topic, but didnt see it.

Im having issues with the Youtube app on this Epic 4G Touch. It plays very choppy and i cant access the application in the market. Anyone else?????

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

The app is built in and auto updates, so you will never see it in the market. As for as choppy, it is default to "hq", if you're in a bad network area it can be that way. While watching a video, press the screen and you will see this hq icon at top right, press it to go to standard. Hope that makes it better for you

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Youtube updates and preformance

thanks. i would not have ever thought about that. especially the playback quality.

I've been having trouble with video playback with the Youtube app also. Videos play SOMETIMES from the mobile site after taking forever to load/buffer. But when I use the actual app, the video just keeps "loading" but it never actually buffers or leaves from that "loading" circle. I thought it was my network, but then videos play on the mobile site. I wanted to just uninstall the app bc its obviously useless to me, but its not in the market. I asked Market support about it and they said the new version isnt available for the Epic 4G Touch. But i still want to know how to uninstall it!

Anyone know how to uninstall Youtube on this phone?

Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

There is a youtube update (per Android Central) and it says that its not compatible with our phone. So I looked at the version numbers and they are pretty different. Why is it that our phones do not get these updates?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Dunno why, but the source link is here:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Someone else led me to it from a prior thread, it worked.