Thoughts on phone after a couple weeks

gksspot555

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It is great, no issues and whether our not the next big thing comes out in the next few months it won't matter I will have a joy using this for the next year our two... it is fast and the screen is pleasing to the eyes.

I know most people only post their problems here so I just wanted to post my experience

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So far Great phone , as expected no problems that are major. Battery life for me and my use is amazing.
TWZ 4.0 has been a good experience. all my games but 1 play flawlessly.

It is so true about people posting their problems and then tainting others with their post bashing this phone when the issues the phone is having is not happening to every phone and is remote to regions and coverage areas. YES this phone is not perfect. Neither is any phone other out there. For most people this phone works and last a decent days time depending on your settings, usage and signal strength.

So for those posting and correct me if I'm wrong OP and i will edit this. This thread is for those of us who are having a good experience, Don't have any bashing agenda and negative posts to put here. So if someone who is thinking about getting this Phone will have a place to read good things and true things happening to people with this phone.

Reactions: techgeek32#WN

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Agree with everyone here. A lot of the posts make me feel like I'm in a minority for not having issues, but that's how life tends to be. When things work you don't hear about them, when they don't you do.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Terrific phone! The fact that it is thin and light makes it the first large screen phone that I haven't returned.

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got the phone yesterday and it feels wonderful! I love this phone and I'm coming from the blackberry world. I have one question for you all, how long is your battery lasting on your device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I love mine, too. Finally got around to rooting it yesterday. Think I will get around to installing Clockwork Mod recovery today. Wasn't going to bother rooting, but wanted to get the wi-fi hotspot up and running for my Nook Color.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I simply love this thing! By far one of the best cameras on a phone that ive ever had the pleasure of using!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone: the camera is great, the OS smooth, and the screen is beyond this world. I still have incredibly poor reception and that is making me want to return it until Samsung sorts out the phone - if ever. Otherwise, love the phone...but without reception, it's just a handheld toy.

mmark27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I simply love this thing! By far one of the best cameras on a phone that ive ever had the pleasure of using!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Ditto man! I have been loving this camera and camcorder! The phone is just sick. I have had a few data issues but they know about them and I'm confident we will see a fix soon. I love this phone and can't imagine ever actually returning it. Threatening sure :) but never do it. Can't wait to get that official car dock eventually.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So far Great phone , as expected no problems that are major. Battery life for me and my use is amazing.
TWZ 4.0 has been a good experience. all my games but 1 play flawlessly.

It is so true about people posting their problems and then tainting others with their post bashing this phone when the issues the phone is having is not happening to every phone and is remote to regions and coverage areas. YES this phone is not perfect. Neither is any phone other out there. For most people this phone works and last a decent days time depending on your settings, usage and signal strength.

So for those posting and correct me if I'm wrong OP and i will edit this. This thread is for those of us who are having a good experience, Don't have any bashing agenda and negative posts to put here. So if someone who is thinking about getting this Phone will have a place to read good things and true things happening to people with this phone.

i was leaning strongly towards getting this phone but now am concerned about the loss of signal issue after reading a bunch of threads on various forums about this LOS problem. I don't mind taking the chance but i've also read that the samsung nexus s 4G also suffered from this issue. its like the GPS issue from the original epic 4g & samsung moment.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I love the phone, but I have seen the games closing issue on mine. Hope they get that fixed. Other than that I have no complaints. Best phone I've had so far minus that hiccup.

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
On day 17 with mine, this phone is absolutely the shiznit! Everything works, its fast, the screen is bright and crisp, the battery life is amazing especially after dealing with the EVO 4G and 3D, overall, very solid. The screen size some say is to big, but, I find it to be perfect! I can easily reach all functions 1 handed. The weight and phones physical shape is just perfect. Purchased my wife's phone on Monday the 19th to replace her Nexus S 4G which she hated, and was looking to go back to the iPhone 5 when it came out, but now that she has her EpTouch, she is completely thrilled with Android! Every time I look around she is on it :)

I got around to rooting both of them yesterday with the stock rom (no clockwork until an official build comes out) mainly for tethering. I only experienced LOS once, and I think it was caused more by I was on the phone talking to someone, came home, my Airave took over the call, and when I hung up, it lost signal and didn't get it back. A quick reboot fixed that and I haven't seen it again. My signal compared to my 3D is night and day difference. I have yet not been able to make a phone call, get email, not receive a txt, nor have I seen my phone roam. I drive anywhere from 75-180 miles a day, and it takes me to all corners of MD. Even in the boondocks I have great signal.

I have always been a fan of HTC, but, sorry, this phone blows the doors off! HTC blows at making bluetooth drivers that don't suck the life out of your battery. On my 3D, if I used my bluetooth, by 2pm, the phone was down to 15% or less (coming off charge at 5:30am). So naturally, as soon as I was done with bluetooth, I would turn it off. With the EpTouch, I leave bluetooth on all the time, along with wifi when not even connected, and I can easily go from 5:30am to 9pm on a charge. The 4G sleep function is better than HTC's as well.

The funny thing is, when I upgraded to the 3D from the 4G, I was never really wowed by the phone. I mean, yes it felt faster, but Sense is such a memory hog. I loved the lockscreen on the 3D, but again, I already had it on my 4G, so it wasn't really new. On the other hand, as soon as I picked up the EpTouch launch morning, I was like WOW! And it hasn't stopped wowing me yet! Awesome job Samsung and Sprint for bringing a great phone!

BTW... Sprint is now advertising this phone in its own commercials during todays football games. Pretty cool!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
@1badhemi. Great post. I also wanted the 3D bit like you said it didnt really wowed me and this phone did ans does every day. My wife loves how like it is. Iam now looking into selling my epic and her Evo to cover some of the cost to get her one lol. Was outside. To day for a bit selling in front the house. Garage sale on 4g surfing and listening to my music posting now from my phone 58% left in this monster unplugged since 12pm

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@1badhemi. Great post. I also wanted the 3D bit like you said it didnt really wowed me and this phone did ans does every day. My wife loves how like it is. Iam now looking into selling my epic and her Evo to cover some of the cost to get her one lol. Was outside. To day for a bit selling in front the house. Garage sale on 4g surfing and listening to my music posting now from my phone 58% left in this monster unplugged since 12pm

I kinda lucked out when I purchased mine. I paid outright the $499 at Sprint launch morning. I had Buy Back at Best Buy for my 3D, so I was guaranteed $350 when I took it back. I didn't purchase my EpTouch at Best Buy cause even on launch morning, they couldn't tell me if they had any or not, and that was 3 different stores. So on Monday the 19th when I bought my wife's, I went to Best Buy, traded back the 3D for $350, they gave me $130 for my EVO 4G, $210 for my wifes Nexus S 4G, and another $320 for my wifes old iPhone 4 32GB. So in the end, they gave me a gift card for $1010! I then got them to price match the Sprint stores price for hers, and purchased the Buy Back program for an additional $35 or so bucks! So in actuality, my old phones all paid for mine and hers, even though I put the cash out for mine up front!