1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock Screen and Corporate Exchange Device Admins

I have a corporate exchange email account on my phone and it's a pain. It locks my phone after 10 mins which is my maximum duration option or if I use the power button to turn off the screen.

I'm looking for a way to keep my corporate data safe and password protected yet give me flexibility to change the phone lock screen options.

I've got part of the problem solved. I'm using a widget called "stay awake" which works great when charging. It keeps the phone from going to the lock screen at all.

Does anyone have a solution that's actually installed and working? I'd rather not root and I do have Tasker.

Thanks,

M

The only thing you can do is talk with your IT department to see of they will allow your account to not require the use of a lock screen. That's the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 running "The Beginning" by Task650
    Nexus 7 - retired
    Galaxy S3 - retired
    Galaxy Note 2 - retired
    Galaxy Note 3 - Stock

Default Re: Lock Screen and Corporate Exchange Device Admins

Quote Originally Posted by mschnaidt View Post
    I have a corporate exchange email account on my phone and it's a pain. It locks my phone after 10 mins which is my maximum duration option or if I use the power button to turn off the screen.

I'm looking for a way to keep my corporate data safe and password protected yet give me flexibility to change the phone lock screen options.

I've got part of the problem solved. I'm using a widget called "stay awake" which works great when charging. It keeps the phone from going to the lock screen at all.

Does anyone have a solution that's actually installed and working? I'd rather not root and I do have Tasker.

Thanks,

M
    You could remove the lockscreen password requirement altogether. I took a deodexed Email.apk and applied the mod to it and then pushed it back into /system/app. Now I can use something like a pattern lock (or no lock at all) rather than a required PIN lock. You'll need to be rooted in order to modify anything in the /system/app folder.

-Daryel
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Lock Screen and Corporate Exchange Device Admins

Unfortunately that's not an option. My IT dept is 3000 miles away and very inflexible.