Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint and Samsung are aware of radio issues

Sprint customer care, a very nice thinking thinking individual which is rare, made clear that as of September 30th Sprint and Samsung were very much aware of the radio issues. They are working on a fix which in his own estimated time was one - two weeks until and update is pushed.

So to all who are in disbelief and or putting down others for their complaints of signal problems, there's your proof. If you do not suffer the fate as a few great for you, seriously but there is a true problem that is being addressed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    xpsbrenden likes this.

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint and Samsung are aware of radio issues

My network performance has been very good since I got the phone. Way better than my old Nexus S 4G.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's great it really is! It's just ridiculous that people who aren't affected believe others have to be making it up. This phone other than that is great!

sdtech619 likes this.

I don't remember reading anywhere (and I'm on these forums more than I should be) of people claiming that those who are having network issues are making it up.

With that said, it's nice to hear reports of a possible update that may relieve the issues for some of you guys. I hope it happens soon.

Just because it's a "known issue" doesn't mean it affects every user. I don't think anyone is making up their issues (well, maybe a couple of users but at the same time, people with issues shouldn't assume everyone is having the same problem they are and lying about it.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Your right Jay. From reading so much here and i like you jay are on her alot . wife says to much sometimes lol . I have yet to see anyone claim the radios aren't back. If anything we defending that we aren't lying about stuff we are doing. ( battery life) . If you never had problems b4 and had Sprint phones and signal was never an issue then you most likely have an issue and need to return your phone or at least contact CS to see if theres a fix they can perform . I feel bad for you guys who are experiencing these issues because it takes away the great experience you can have with this phone. I have had the LOS issue once . the second day i had the phone but never again . third blade doesn't play for me but all my other games do. I hope this fix coming clears up the matter. So this way its just a software and not hardware.... Those of you that are having bad radio issues hopefully you dont give up on this phone for ever. It truly is a monster phone and you will love it.. IMO of course ...
    wase4711 likes this.

Ive never had LOS....Weak signal into roam a couple times but never held disbelief that problem was a reality. The radio needs to be patched no doubt!
    The cry baby's that would post over and over and over.............................................................. how bad device sucked due to it got under my skin.
    You would think after their 10th post they would give up but noooooo , they kept on crying posting over and over..................and over.

Those having issue hang tight its a GREAT device worth the update wait
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
    wase4711 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post

I'd tend to agree, but it's also not worth the off chance that you could get stuck with a device that can't reliably make and receive calls or download data. If you're having real problems, and have tried at least one exchange, then it's probably worth returning it and waiting for a radio update before buying it again.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    I'd tend to agree, but it's also not worth the off chance that you could get stuck with a device that can't reliably make and receive calls or download data. If you're having real problems, and have tried at least one exchange, then it's probably worth returning it and waiting for a radio update before buying it again.
    Well yeah the problems real making it a real problem but to what extent....something like that lol

Hows this,
    Those having minor issues feel like giving it up hang tight its a GREAT device worth the update wait.

I'd have to agree i have signal issues but not bad enough that would make me consider to trade in this device. I guess ive been lucky that way. For everyone that is going through horrible signal issues hang in there.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    I don't remember reading anywhere (and I'm on these forums more than I should be) of people claiming that those who are having network issues are making it up.

With that said, it's nice to hear reports of a possible update that may relieve the issues for some of you guys. I hope it happens soon.

Really? So no one said word for word that they are lying but what are they implying when they attack someone who is unhappy with their phone and mention how great the phone is, not having that issue

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    Your right Jay. From reading so much here and i like you jay are on her alot . wife says to much sometimes lol . I have yet to see anyone claim the radios aren't back. If anything we defending that we aren't lying about stuff we are doing. ( battery life) . If you never had problems b4 and had Sprint phones and signal was never an issue then you most likely have an issue and need to return your phone or at least contact CS to see if theres a fix they can perform . I feel bad for you guys who are experiencing these issues because it takes away the great experience you can have with this phone. I have had the LOS issue once . the second day i had the phone but never again . third blade doesn't play for me but all my other games do. I hope this fix coming clears up the matter. So this way its just a software and not hardware.... Those of you that are having bad radio issues hopefully you dont give up on this phone for ever. It truly is a monster phone and you will love it.. IMO of course ...
    There isn't an argument that this phone is great but you mean to tell me you haven't read any negative responses to complaints from "fan boys"? I haven't personally but I have read a few

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Ive never had LOS....Weak signal into roam a couple times but never held disbelief that problem was a reality. The radio needs to be patched no doubt!
    The cry baby's that would post over and over and over.............................................................. how bad device sucked due to it got under my skin.
    You would think after their 10th post they would give up but noooooo , they kept on crying posting over and over..................and over.

I completely understand but.. This is a forum. If you don't like what you read ignore it. If these people are in your living room that's another story. What they eat don't make you "****".
    I don't understand slander between members period. It's opinions and experiences. You don't agree say so like the adults I assume everyone is.

Thanks for the update, Hope it gets fixed in 2 weeks or so, I want my new phone back, LOL
    -bobby
    HTC Evo 4G, Samsung GSIIE4GT, The Samsung was a POS! Went back to the HTC Evo 4G, Now using the EVOLTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwillz View Post
    I completely understand but.. This is a forum. If you don't like what you read ignore it. If these people are in your living room that's another story. What they eat don't make you "****".
    I don't understand slander between members period. It's opinions and experiences. You don't agree say so like the adults I assume everyone is.

Well I don't remember slandering members.
    I started thread for those having issue providing Samsung/Sprint contact info and link to thread over at SprintCommunty forums.

When it comes to ignoring cry posters hmm
    Pretty hard to do when they post same issue over 20 times beating up device when you trying to help other members with issue , questions etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwillz View Post
    Really? So no one said word for word that they are lying but what are they implying when they attack someone who is unhappy with their phone and mention how great the phone is, not having that issue
    The only possible attacks I've seen had been directed at one particular forum member, who'd been pretty obnoxious about expressing his dissatisfaction with this phone to the point where some (myself included) got tired of it. Other than that, no, I haven't seen anyone having problems with this phone being attacked on this forum.

This whole thing reminds me of the Toyota break issue.

Anyway, I've had 3 LOS last week for the first time.
    It's mildly annoying but nothing to make me return the phone.
    I'll see what Sprint/Samsung can do with software first and hope it isn't a hardware issue.

I've only had the phone for a few days, but both the wireless and the 3G seem to be weaker than on my previous phone, a Palm Pre, and that seemed to be weaker than the one I had before it, a Palm 755p. I love this phone, and hope they get the radio issues straightened out.

There seems to be alot of talk about me at this time as I am one that has posted multiple times on the horrible reception issues that affects the phones overall performance and thus effects battery life .. when i spend my hard earned money in a product I demand that it work as supposed to and if it doesn't then get ready for me to make the issue known to the masses in various ways such as forums..I'm not loyal to ANY one of these cheap labor harboring companies and will not accept imperfections..with that said you fanboys that are actually having issues that don't want to admit it can thank people like me later for getting an expedited fix to a WIDESPREAD problem.. otherwise the iPhone would have hit and your 14 days would have been up and all sprints efforts would be put towards that phone instead of ours!!!! The next complaint in the list is the OS bug that's causing my battery to drop 3% in 15 minutes while not even using it. ..I'm glad you guys somehow LUCKED up and got the perfect phone somehow ..but once again you can thank me later
    Thanked by:

I started thread for those having issue providing Samsung/Sprint contact info and link to thread over at SprintCommunty forums.

Pretty hard to do when they post same issue over 20 times beating up device when you trying to help other members with issue ,
    You can thank me later ..when the iPhone hits best believe us poor android users will be left out in the cold.. better get your complaints out right now

questions etc

Some of these folks remind me of the iPhone fanboys that were denying their antenna issues when in FACT all phones had the issue!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Pretty hard to do when they post same issue over 20 times beating up device when you trying to help other members with issue , questions etc
    Can't control people. You'll be talking till your blue in the face. I just skip over repeat post or ridiculous claims. To each its own

metroff1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    Some of these folks remind me of the iPhone fanboys that were denying their antenna issues when in FACT all phones had the issue!
    So you do think we're lying when we say we don't have reception and heating issues. As I thought.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

You have every right to complain if you're unhappy with your device. And yes it is a "free" country people can respond. I just don't understand forum fights. They're just hilarious and sad in the same breath.

Sling, Jay, I'm not pointing any fingers. Never mentioned names just speaking in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    So you do think we're lying when we say we don't have reception and heating issues. As I thought.
    I've been on these forums since the horrid Pre phone in which the battery lasted for all of 4 hours and people would claim they were getting 15 hours out of it.. then went on to the Evo where people would claim they were getting 20 hours out of it when factually that was impossible for both cases and so YES there is a tendency for some reason for people to justify a purchase or make themselves feel good and fabricate experiences..not saying its you and others but yes many people do this.. I rode a Guy so hard about the evo claims he had to admit that he was using the extended battery ..to me that shameful and miss leading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast