Newbie Help

BrassMonkey1010

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got this device and it is amazing. I am coming from a blackberry, and lets just say it is not even comparable. I have a question though (I searched and could not find an answer).

Is there a way to remove the sprint apps on this phone without rooting it? I read a couple reviews that said you could, and I am not sure how.

Thanks alot!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got this device and it is amazing. I am coming from a blackberry, and lets just say it is not even comparable. I have a question though (I searched and could not find an answer).

Is there a way to remove the sprint apps on this phone without rooting it? I read a couple reviews that said you could, and I am not sure how.

Thanks alot!
Go into Settings - Applications - Manage Applications.
Click on app you want to remove and Select (Force Stop) then (Uninstall)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
As a side note, you won't be able to remove ALL of Sprint's pre-installed apps, only the ones that show up under the "Downloaded" category. Sprint ID, Sprint Zone, and Sprint Mobile Wallet are examples of pre-installed apps that you can't remove.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
As a side to Jay's side. This phone has enough memory that the apps left over that you can't uninstall aren't that big of a deal. And to get them out of sight, I created a folder titled "things I won't use" stuck them all in there and moved it to the last page of my app drawer.