Can't update PRL or Firmware

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Every time I try to update my PRL or Firmware, I'm getting an unknown error. I already called Sprint customer service about this, but they said not to worry about it because there is no current firmware or PRL update. However, the sprint-zone app says there is a PRL update available, and on my old phone even if there was no PRL update, it would say that there was no update available not that there was an error.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
did you reboot yet? i had this happen to me the first day or so, then i rebooted or whatever then updating prl works/profile etc.. but there arnt updates.

updating profile helps though i think with the signal

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
did you reboot yet? i had this happen to me the first day or so, then i rebooted or whatever then updating prl works/profile etc.. but there arnt updates.

updating profile helps though i think with the signal

I keep my phone off at night so it's been rebooted plenty of times. I also tried pulling the battery but that didn't work either. And I get the same error message when I try to update the profile. I'm just going to take it into sprint tomorrow and see what they say.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
100% they are going to make you do a hard reset. Might as well get that out of the way.

That's Sprints tech support favorite first task. No matter what the issue is..

Took my GS2 in for a bad headphone jack.. they seriously had the tech hard reset it first to test. Silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1