Receiving MMS while on phone

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, messages from my coworkers with verizon iphones often come through as mms messages. They tell me that they are not doing anything different than when they send texts. I noticed today that while on the phone, they came through and the message says that it is downloading but never comes through. Not sure if it is a coincidence that I was talking at the time or if I am having trouble receiving mms messages. Anyone experience this?

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Can't download MMS while using voice unless you're on 4G I believe, CDMA 3G doesn't allow for simultaneous voice and data.

As for why SMS messages are coming through as MMS, I have no clue. Are they usually long messages?

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Can't download MMS while using voice unless you're on 4G I believe, CDMA 3G doesn't allow for simultaneous voice and data.

As for why SMS messages are coming through as MMS, I have no clue. Are they usually long messages?

Maybe it was a long message - that could be it. I've asked him and he showed me that he does nothing different. I thought it would download after I got off the phone but it has said "downloading" all day. Next time I see him I will test out different scenarios and try to see what is going on. Thanks for your reply