One WIFI bar at all times. . .

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
No matter where I am. . . Work or Home. . . My WIFI bar is always shows just one bar. . . This can't be true that my signals are both that weak at work and home. Is there anything I can do?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping its just a software issue that can be addressed with an update. I don't think I've had any problems with my connection but do show the same weak signal.

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
wifi isnt bad but its rarely full bars and my home is 700 sq ft. Ive been in the same room as the router and itsnot full bars.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes that happens to me.

In my case, I found because I have multiple wireless routers for better coverage through out my house, the phone doesn't always switch to the closest router box.

My simple solution was to just drop down the notification bar and toggle off the Wifi and toggle back on!

I was at full bars then!

Maybe you can try that out?

Rob

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
1 to 2 bars unless I'm on the same level as the router! But no loading problems, speed or connections so... Doesn't really matter.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
With my HTC Hero I could stream music with WiFi on my patio or in the garage through a set of Logitech PC speakers. My wife can still do that no problem with her LG Optimus S as well. Not so with this phone. It drops the connection. I show zero bars in my kitchen only about 30 feet from the router. I have a nice router, too. A DLink 655 with 3 antennas. My comparisons with other phones prove to me the WiFi reception is definitely sub par on this phone.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Update. Did a factory reset this morning and my WiFi connection is better now. It works on the patio and garage. I encourage anyone with weak wifi signal to try this.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
This is really starting to bug me. I get a fair or poor signal on the GSII with occasional problems updating twitter and and excellent signal on my droid incredible. This along with a lot of other little annoyances (sp?) and bugs may bring me to return it.

alacrify

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I contacted @GalaxySupport (usually really responsive) and they had me do a battery pull, wait 5, and put it back in - that got me better strength, although still nowhere near my Pre-, which makes me think there should be an update somewhere in here...

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
No matter where I am. . . Work or Home. . . My WIFI bar is always shows just one bar. . . This can't be true that my signals are both that weak at work and home. Is there anything I can do?

If you get 1 bar even standing next to the WiFi router, return the phone.

It does not matter if you can do a factory reset. Take it back to a store and make them take it back.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity does anyone have a wireless router with 5ghz? Have you connected at that frequency? Since the wifi chip in this phone includes the 5ghz band, I'm wondering if it might result in some improvement in signal strength.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My router does 5ghz, and I've tested it on the phone. Definitely not better reception.

Okay, I didn't think so, since 5ghz isn't supposed to result in a stronger wifi signal (in fact I think it's supposed to be a bit worse) but provide an alternative if 2.4 is crowded or if there is interference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2